What DS undies for 78-82 degree temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning an 11 day live aboard in the Soccorro Islands. Water temps are reported to be in the 78-82F degree range in November when I'll be there. I currently dive with Softwear 200 weight polarfleece, in Southern California, and would like to dive dry on this long trip. I think the 200 weight will be way too warm.

Advice?

And if I do want to get wet, I have an old 5/3 wetsuit that I can still squeeze into that I'll bring along anyway....

rickyd:
I'm planning an 11 day live aboard in the Soccorro Islands. Water temps are reported to be in the 78-82F degree range in November when I'll be there. I currently dive with Softwear 200 weight polarfleece, in Southern California, and would like to dive dry on this long trip. I think the 200 weight will be way too warm.

Advice?

And if I do want to get wet, I have an old 5/3 wetsuit that I can still squeeze into that I'll bring along anyway....
That sounds like t-shirt and shorts water to me. A cheap set of sweats would be the most you would catch me in under a drysuit.

To avoid suit hickeys I would wear a long sleeve t-shirt and a thin pair of long johns.

I would use some polypro UG, two layer. I only use 100 wt fleece for 60-65 deg water, and I would not want that in anything over 75. Even with a full layer over your body (as in polypro two piece), you may still get some marks from the suit (depending on how much air you keep in the suit).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom