DIR- GUE What does GUE mindset mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have come to think that taking a GUE Fundamentals course would be an excellent way for newer divers (or even older divers) to gain/refine new skills and useful experience even if not immediately or ever going down the tech road. People always want to know how to become a truly experienced diver and one way of course is a lot of dives in varied environments but good instruction and mentoring is part of the path. Doing the same dives over and over in a quarry is not the way. Good instructors for additional training and the opportunity to dive with experienced divers as a bonus, that is the way. Not the only way, but a way, a path. Wanting to learn is key.

Repeating that, wanting to learn is fundamental! There were a couple of "divers" if I might call them that on the live aboard I was just on who could not and would not take instruction, suggestions or mentoring and after now, me some 56 years an active diver, I awarded them the most horrid and worst diver awards I have ever seen and told the DMs NOT to have them in my group. Wanting to improve and learn, okay, but refusing, not okay.

Team diving, meaning follow the rules, don't question the rules, the rules are rules because someone else smarter than you made the rules.
There is only one right way and that is the mindset.
Go Team.
Any GUE member can formally request a change to the "rules" (General Training Standards, Policies, and Procedures). Which I have done multiple times. Just fill out the RFC form and send it in. You will eventually get a serious response.

If you see a problem then work for positive change by following the defined process instead of whining on Scubaboard.

Any GUE member can formally request a change to the "rules" (General Training Standards, Policies, and Procedures). Which I have done multiple times. Just fill out the RFC form and send it in. You will eventually get a serious response.

If you see a problem then work for positive change by following the defined process instead of whining on Scubaboard.
Just curious, what were the changes you proposed and which were accepted?

Institutional memories die hard. Brands get reputations whether deserved or not. Even more than a decade later it is difficult to shake off misconceptions.

Team diving, meaning follow the rules, don't question the rules, the rules are rules because someone else smarter than you made the rules.
Go Team.
K, fam.

It's a lot of this: :stirpot:
:poke:
:gas:
:outtahere:

One of the best videos, that I am not sure how it is not posted more often. :D
Sorry for the offtopic, but did I just found a channel of an insane GUE-I that disassembles and assembles in 20 minutes a regulator BLINDFOLDED???

Go Team.

This hasn't been my experience with GUE at all! During Fundamentals, I asked every single "why" I could think of - hose routing, computer use, air integration, fin selection. I spent 8 hours a day for 5 days with my instructor talking mostly about diving and I never got a single "because someone else smarter than you made the rules" answer. Knowing the reason you do something is just as important as knowing how to do it.

Same on this forum - my ridiculous questions have generated hundreds of responses from GUE divers with various levels of experience and I didn't a get a single "because someone else smarter than you made the rules" answer.

K, fam.

Sorry for the offtopic, but did I just found a channel of an insane GUE-I that disassembles and assembles in 20 minutes a regulator BLINDFOLDED???
I like the list of the other offenses. Unfortunately, I have been guilty of Knee Drop General and Knew Drop During Execution of Finkick. Pool sessions in the shallow lanes practicing was my self imposed fine...

I like the list of the other offenses. Unfortunately, I have been guilty of Knee Drop General and Knew Drop During Execution of Finkick. Pool sessions in the shallow lanes practicing was my self imposed fine...
Oh man, if trim police was real, I would be facing capital punishment for crimes against humanity in Hague.

K, fam.

Where is the video?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom