What does an annual cost you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=C=

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The third planet (a smaller one but a nice blue hu
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So I am one of those lucky people who fell afoul of the ScubaPro free parts policy (thanks Johnson Outdoors) and now pay for parts for my MK17 G250V sets.

I had a blocked hp port on one reg and it was about annual service time so I go for annual... I have moved around alot recently so i dont have a relationship with a shop in my area. Normally reg service has been relatively cheap for me (40ish a set).

This time my service cost 260.00 consisting of:

3.00 x 1 consumables charge
59.99 x 2 labor charge
20.00 x 2 G250V kits
40.00 x 1 MK17 1st stage kit
44.00 x 1 hp hose
+ tax

Whine and cheese?

Service of one rig consisting of a Mk17 and 2 G250V? $120 labor and $80 for service kits. Plus an HP hose for $44.

Probably a bit on the high side of typical.

We just charged a guy $120 for labor AND the scubapro rebuild kit on a full reg setup. Guess it's time to bring that up if people are actually paying $200...

Service? At those prices just sell on eBay and buy a new Hog. :) That's my plan every 3-5 years.

Around here its $25 a stage (labor) plus parts/kits if you are out of the system. So, based on a conventional first and two seconds, its $75 labor plus parts/kits.... the SP kits are stupid expensive...... yep, been doing it for ever...... never owned an "in plan" reg....

We charge $35/stage plus parts. I believe we are in the ball park.

I do my own & replace buna with viton if I'm O2 cleaning. I only service regs when I get creeping or know I've had water ingress, but I service more often because of paranoia and OCD anyway

Apeks kits online:
1st: $30, 2nd: $18 = $48 per

Zeagle kits online:
1st: $25 2nd: $16 = $41 per

blue gold for o2 clean: $39 per gallon

Add valves, swagelocks, omnis, random kit specific, and all hose o-rings and it saves a good bit with no excuses to keep your gear tip-top.

Every few years, I'll note some IP creep or just feel like it's time, and I'll send a reg or two back to Atomic. It runs me about $150 a pop, including parts, labor, and sealing with christolube. Well worth it IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom