What Do You Plan On Spending Money on This Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
Cheeky!!!!!

Spoon: yes HD costs an f'in fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i am not bringin mine to PI....too heavy

I can quite tel the difference but is it worth the astronomical costs? also how large is the smallest hd camera you can get? what brands im curious

The small 1 chips are very small and not bad in cost, you can get fully set up for probably 3K. Thats the Sony HC1

Dave is looking into what i have, the Sony Z1/FX,$3500 or $4500 for the Z. The housings are about $7k retail.....

Then the lights... another $4K...... ouch!

My Amphibico in the box without the camera is 53 pounds.....
With camera in it and in dive mode is about 38 pounds i think....but is completely neutral in the water....

Yes.. i am still paying off my visa bill! :D

Mike Veitch:
The small 1 chips are very small and not bad in cost, you can get fully set up for probably 3K. Thats the Sony HC1

Dave is looking into what i have, the Sony Z1/FX,$3500 or $4500 for the Z. The housings are about $7k retail.....

Then the lights... another $4K...... ouch!

My Amphibico in the box without the camera is 53 pounds.....
With camera in it and in dive mode is about 38 pounds i think....but is completely neutral in the water....

Yes.. i am still paying off my visa bill! :D

7k? thats insane! speaking of which mons dad has a multichip hd camera with gates housing. he lends it to natl geo for free so i guess it wont hurt to ask to borrow it huh?

Spoon:
7k? thats insane! speaking of which mons dad has a multichip hd camera with gates housing. he lends it to natl geo for free so i guess it wont hurt to ask to borrow it huh?
Oh yes....

Is that the full HD? Big azz thing? About 3 feet long?

Bring it along.... Mikey wants to play!!!!

Howard Hall let me use his so surely Mons father won't mind..... :D

since we just got all our gear last yr the only thing we need

1. lights (night diving this year)
2. boat ( hopefully my hubby stays of this thread since i haven't officially told him yes yet.)
3. dry suits (but this is mostly next year if we get #2)

kids even will give up their vacation this year to get #2......we were planning on a cruise but would rather the boat if we can afford it.

Mike Veitch:
Oh yes....

Is that the full HD? Big azz thing? About 3 feet long?

Bring it along.... Mikey wants to play!!!!

Howard Hall let me use his so surely Mons father won't mind..... :D

yes the full hd one, its big azz almost looks like a scooter. heavy as hell too. im actually borrowing it this weekend, will test uw video skills in anilao

Spoon:
yes the full hd one, its big azz almost looks like a scooter. heavy as hell too. im actually borrowing it this weekend, will test uw video skills in anilao
wooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!! he lets you borrow it!?!?!?

Damn...

bring it along in May :wink:

this year, after the bar, i'm planning to spend money on.... BEER!! I will treat the pasaways. Sky's the limit!!!!!!!! remember that! :p

Mike Veitch:
wooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!! he lets you borrow it!?!?!?

Damn...

bring it along in May :wink:

yes he let me borrow it. he owes me for all the sleeping aides ive been helping him out with. no camera no sleep

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom