What do you look for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
When you go on a dive, which critter do you look for? What is going to make the dive perfect for you?

On my "have to find" list there would be:

Sharks and rays
Octopus
Nudi's
Frogfish
Leaf Scorpion, Devils Scorpion

Then the ones I don't see often (can't think of them all right now):

Pecock flounder
Hawaiian Green Lionfish
Dragon Moray
Titan Scorpion

Finally there would be the ones I have yet to see:

Monk Seal
Humpback whale

Well, when we go to the ocean we just look, because ANYTHING is a blessing compared to the mud we usually see.

When we're diving our local mud hole, Lake Lanier, anything besides beer can, beer bottles, tires and trees and mud.

the K

LMAO!
So no whale shark on the list Lisa?
I guess I dont look for anything real specific, just look.

I know you posted this in O'Hana, but I'm going to answer because it's too good a question.

Things that make a dive perfect for me:

Finding things that are beautiful. Spotted Eagle Rays always work. Most nudibranchs are like this, too. Sometimes it's just a wall of massed anemones of different species, all with color, or the hydrocoral in Monterey in all different colors. Beauty is a wonderful thing.

Finding something new: If I haven't seen it before, it's exciting. One new find in an otherwise muck-filled dive can make the whole thing. I'd jump up and down for a dragon moray :)

Wildcard:
LMAO!
So no whale shark on the list Lisa?

Weeeeeell, you know my whale shark story :(

Beauty is a wonderful thing.

Exactly! An interesting coral formation, light rays.....all can make a dive special and wonderful too. :)

Well, for us, it's what ya have to look out "for" . . .
. . . specially when diving around the dam . . . ya have to watch out for them catfish whut's as big as a Volkswagen an kin swaller a skoober diver in one gulp !!!! :11:

the K

rockjock3:
Sharks, Turtles and whales are my favorites.

How could I forget TURTLES!!....yes, love that we have sooo many turtles here and that you can get really close (w/o touching of course)

We got turtles too, but if ya get too close, they'll bite your arm off.

And they're not pretty. . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom