What do you look for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
me thinks you have to come to Hawaii and dive with me Mr. K

I highly and wholeheartedly recommend it! :D

The K-ontent K-ustomer :wink:

justleesa:
How could I forget TURTLES!!....yes, love that we have sooo many turtles here and that you can get really close (w/o touching of course)

You can touch them. You cannot harrass them. If you run into entagled ones (more than I like) you can rescue them.

dolphins
eagle rays
stingrays
sharks
octopus
turtles (never seen so many as off of Oahu)
scorpionfish
leaf scorpions (thanks for introducing me to these, Lisa!)
frogfish
trumpetfish
eels

wish list:
whale shark
whales
mantas
nautilus
cuttlefish
seals
sealions
walrus

I like rock mover wrasse and razor fish - I always look for those! I love seeing octopus and eels of all kinds. Sharks, of course. Maybe, someday, I'll see a whale.

I was snorkeling in front of my place last weekend and came across a cornet fish. I dove down and was eye to eye - about a foot from him - and he didn't even move; just watched me.

I actually like everything, even the lowly saddle wrasse.

rockjock3:
You can touch them. You cannot harrass them. If you run into entagled ones (more than I like) you can rescue them.

this is true...My husband recently cut one lose that was tied up in the moring line (empty soda bottle on a line to mark the moring)

I would like to get in on this one. It also depends on where you are diving. Diving on Oahu is very different from Bali or Thailand.

Here, I always look for:
1. Nudibranchs!
2. Frogfish
3. Leaf Scorpionfish
4. Sharks
5. Dolphins
6. Any big stuff if I can't find the small stuff.

Wish I could see:
1. Whalesharks (again)
2. Sunfish (again)
3. Buffalofish (again)
4. Manta night dive (again)
5. Anything new!

So far, Whalesharks are on the top of my list of things I've seen while diving. I miss those days....

Anything that moves I find interesting.

However, I like to stay REALLY close to those dark things in the water that look like me with a tank strapped to its back...

I'm like sloyota - basically anything that moves I find interesting. I don't really look for anything in particular, but some things that I see are more interesting than others. I think I am the consummate underwater tourist.

However, my shortlist of dream sightings are whale shark (of course), monk seal and dragon eel. Haven't yet spotted those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom