What do you look for in a boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"What do you look for in a boat?"

A beautiful woman dressed in neoprene or a bikini if she hasn't suited up yet.

principally, i look for a boat not currently at the bottom of any body of water
(and that has never been at the bottom of any body of water).

also, i prefer for there to be no holes or rotten wood. also, no ghosts.

not to have been the victim of fire is a plus (but not mandatory). no insect
infestations, of course.

H2Andy:
also, no ghosts.

Andy brings up a good point, I always ask the captain about that. Nothing will ruin a dive trip faster than the boat being haunted. Its worth the extra $$ to go w/ a non haunted boat.

slammer:
I've Got My Eye On A Bayliner Trophy 2359 Hardtop. Has A Nice Cabin Area Sleeps 3 (or 4 If Shes Pretty) Nice Swim Deck With Ladder And Walk Thru. Small Refer & Stove For Coffee. Just Need To Add Folding Tank Racks. And Some Friends Who Dive.

I have cruised and dived from this boat. It's very comfortable and the space engineering is great. My only complaint was the placement of the toilet - right in the middle of the cabin. A standup/enclosed head is a priority for my next boat. I'm 90% sure I will be getting the Bayliner Classic 222 with the hardtop, etc.

--Matt

My boat has a moveable toilet. If you're modest you can put the 5 gallon bucket behind the center console.

Or in some cases the toilet is the back of the boat. haha. My son...when he was 12.....I hope he never reads this or he'll kill me....and I were going to the Blue Hole with an operator out of San Pedro and after passing Turneffe he had to pee reeeeeeaaaaaallly bad. There are no facilities on that boat. I knew the captain/DM so he motioned for him to just face out at the stern and let her fly....with about 8 tourist divers up near the front. It was a self draining deck above the water line so no worries. This is a good design....Plus he was already pissed at me because the only wesuit he had was his sister's which was anatomically designed for a woman....a small one...but a woman none the less. What a day...

The ideal dive boat for me would be a 24'-30' Zodiac with a cabin and twin 200's. You can take it out in the worst weather and still get home. It is very stable and low riding for easy egress.

My Zodiac is 24' but w/o the cabin. I've had her out in 20' swells without any problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom