What do you guys think of the price of the DUI Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI regularly sells seconds. I bought one three years ago and haven't had a problem with it. I also bought a custom fit 350 last year or year and a half ago. No difference in eithor.

The price is right go for it.

Hallmac

Hello,
Thanks guys for all you answers. I think I am going to buy it. Every dive shop so far said I would fit fine in a large. I am going to the last dive stop today, and see what type of deal they can put together for me.

Danny

That's what I paid for a used TLS350 with underwear and rock boots. It has much less than 200 dives on it though, maybe about 50 or so.
The dealer I bought it from had it in their rental program and being here in Texas it hadn't gotten much use. They claim DUI supports a two year/half price turn over program with rental suits from their dealers. If this is true you could probably find many suits at that price, it just comes down to the condition, fit etc...

Hello,
I stopped in the last dive shop today and he gave me such a good deal I could not turn it down. (* Brand New *)With the CF200, sport package, and a pony tank, and an brass oms pressure gauge, all rigged up, the final package came out to 1700.
(* including instruction *) Just ordered my undergarments from janice, so I think I will set to do some serious diving.

Danny

I've had my CF200 since 1988 and have not had to replace any seals. I just sent it in for a leak around the zipper - they are going to fix it(at regular prices). I would buy another one these in a heartbeat. Their customer service is without peer. If you think you are getting a deal then jump on it. DUI is the best on the market.

I am thinking of buying a CF200 myself and would like some input on their preferrence on either rock boots or turbo soles.
Thanks

Have you priced a new CF200 + undergarment? My guess would be about $2800. $800 sounds like a steal. Latex seals normally last 1-1.5 yrs. Zippers maybe 3-4 yrs. This all depends on useage, maintenance, storage & environmental conditions. I got 13 yrs out of my old CF200. 3 or 4 zippers, I forget. Now have a Flex 50/50 (3 yrs old). Just had zipper replaced.

ScubaRik:
I am thinking of buying a CF200 myself and would like some input on their preferrence on either rock boots or turbo soles.
Thanks

I think for boat dives, the turbo soles are OK. I do some pretty hairly shore entries over unslable and sharp rockly surfaces. I wish I had a more substancial boot, though the rock boot has been criticized for the laces (entaglement hazard).

Still looking around for a good alternative. Would like a rugged boot with velcro closure

JAG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom