What do you do when winter sets in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Winter is when I fun dive. I am teaching classes the rest of the year and don't get to fun dive that much. I use a DUI dry suit with my Drager Dolphin SCR or open circuit with my Dive Rite Trans Pac II and either a ScubaPro G500 or a Mares Axis MR12.

a cleaver way to find out the point at which someone will not dive interesting,,,,,

I keep diving in my 2mm shortie....

in Canada the diving never stops................

I throw on a pair of viking 400s, charge up the argon bottle (major insulator factor). 6mm neoprene Abyss drysuit, my nordic blue dry gloves, an Ice cap. I use a Mares Abyss 22 with an cold water kit, (best breathing reg under any conditions). This past January I spent 70 minutes submerged under the ice, dress as discribed, came out toasty warm. The previous year on one occasion I spent a total of 4 hours mostly in the water, had to pee bad but I was warm...............got to learn not to drink that large coffee before diving...............(hee hee)

diving is a year round sport........................no doubt

hmmmmm 2mm suit in Canada at the best of times would produce major shrinkage factor................

john

Originally posted by keralucu

You kill me girl....

As Tam Diver said, if we put on a 2mm in winter -- it would not be a pretty sight. Can you imagine someone in a 2mm standing outside in -40c (with wind chill) getting ready to dive in water that is below 0c? They'd be ready to cart us off.

Originally posted by bottom_sucker
might just have to take a trip to see how if the appeal of 6" viz in Texas mudhole when water well north of Mason-Dixon if stiff for first 30 inches or so is worth it. From looks of things diving with syruss32 would be just like diving with Butch 103! (Wow, they'll both agree that's a double slam......)

Actually serious here (I admit it is likely a first except for greetings to new members). Wifey and I would sure like to get south in early part of next year for sand, sun, and diving trip.

Until the water gets skim on it up here, we'll likely keep at it.

Dave:jester:

Come on down, you're the next contestant on "To Dive Low Light" - Rod Roddy

You would like it down here we are really much more friendly than you would imagine. And there is nothing like muck diving!

hey all...

I read in a couple of posts in this thread that some of you plan to take non-diving courses during the winter :cold:

Can someone tell me some more about that ? what kind of courses? any descriptions or web site ?

Thanks...

Manogr from still :sunny: Greece but....winter is coming ;-(

Originally posted by keralucu

Which brings up the question - Is January-February a good time to come to Thailand? When's the rainy season? It's been so long since I was in that area I can't even remember what time of year it was when we were always wet!
I do remember it was never cold.
Rick

I add another layer of underwear, some argon and dive.

We keep diving. The only real difference is the air temp when you are out of the water. We just bring more clothing to put on after the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom