What do you carry your gear in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just use a big ol' mesh bag with a shoulder strap. The rubbermaid tubs sound like a good idea too though.

I use the rubbermaid container. It is also big enough to hold everthing minus tanks. It has wheels at one end for easy moving. When going on a boat I have a mesh bag with shoulder straps.

Rubbermaid tub when diving out of the car. Mine came with a detachable lid. I am able to fit the tub and the lid on the floor side by side in the trunk of my car. Gear goes into the tub. I have a trident tank holder (foam cylnders with rope in between) -- this fits into the lid of the tub. 2 tanks fit into this perfectly. With the tub and lid side by side, there is also no room for things to slide around while driving.....and all the water from tanks/gear is caught in the tub or the lid.

Simple hockey-sized duffle (Oceanic) for local boat dives. I still bring the tub and simply throw the duffle into the tub for the trip home.

Wheeled luggage for trips

Good post, because I'm looking at what I use and I still don't have enough room.

What does everyone use when they travel?? Also when you travel for 2?

We have:

Akona Mesh Duffle/Backpack
Armor Roller

But we still can't fit everything we have in them. Does each couple take their own "gear bag"? Or do you take one "Giant Gear Bag" for both.

When we pack for our honeymoon in a couple of months it looks as though we are taking more gear and gear bags than actual clothes for our trip.

Well, not a bad idea to skip on most of the clothes it is our honeymoon, but 2-3 bags will be dive gear.

Disgruntled Dive Packer

waterdogs

Originally posted by large_diver
Rubbermaid tub when diving out of the car. Mine came with a detachable lid. I am able to fit the tub and the lid on the floor side by side in the trunk of my car. Gear goes into the tub. I have a trident tank holder (foam cylnders with rope in between) -- this fits into the lid of the tub. 2 tanks fit into this perfectly. With the tub and lid side by side, there is also no room for things to slide around while driving.....and all the water from tanks/gear is caught in the tub or the lid.

Simple hockey-sized duffle (Oceanic) for local boat dives. I still bring the tub and simply throw the duffle into the tub for the trip home.

Wheeled luggage for trips

I love my rubbermaid tub. It can also be used as a rinse tank when you're done diving for the day. I also have some rolling duffle bags I got from Sam's Club for $40 each for boat dives.

Going to Aruba in a few weeks and I needed something to put gear in to check as luggage on the flight. I looked at the Akona Roller Bag, looked great, but the cute frog logo said to me “steal me I am expensive scuba gear!” I went with a more generic version from REI http://www.rei.com/cgibin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplayprrfnbr=411463&prmenbr=8000&cgrfnbr=4501712

The biggest concern was finding something large enough for the fins to fit in. I recycled some packing foam from work for padding in the small removable pack to storing my regs, computer, etc. It all stays together till I get to the airport check-in where I can remove the small pack to carry on. REI while not the cheapest only sells high quality so I expect it will last forever.

Mike

I use a North Face Basecamp duffle bag XL. 10,050 cubic inches with plenty of room to spare with all of my gear in it. Plus it is waterproof so I don't get my car all wet. Tough and durable with a lifetime warranty. Just rinse it out and let it dry when you are done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom