What do you carry your gear in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NINman

Reaction score
I have been looking for a bag to transport all my gear. What do you use? I am looking for manafactures/type/etc. I did order the Akona Roller Bag but I am afraid it is going to be too big. Anyone have any experiance with this bag?

I got some mesh OMS bag for by basic gear, don't have any pictures though...
The thing that I really like about it is that it is a big square bag, but still has shoulder straps so you can wear it like a backpack.
I fit all my rec gear in it easy, fins, BC, wetsuit or dryrysuit, and my knapsack with my change of clothes...:)
Then I just throw it on my back and I can still carry a tank or two!

I use a hockey bag. Cost me a whopping $35, and it's really tough. Lot's of pockets for stuff, and it holds a ton (literally :) )

Mike

I carry mine in a Rubbermaid tub. That way when I get out of the water I put the stuff in put it in the car and leave--no water worries in the vehicle. When I get home simply flood the tub with water and start removing gear and rinsing it off. Hang it on the porch to dry.

The daughter has the gear bag which holds all of her stuff except the tank. The bag has the shoulder straps. The name on the bag is something like Wenoka. I'm not sure what the wet gear issues will be with it.

NINman,

What kind of diving do you usually do? Do you travel?

I "boat dive" a lot, so I use a semi-meshed Akona to get my gear from the car to the boat and back (short carry on a shoulder strap). Once your gear is set up on the boat, the bag can get stowed anywhere. The mesh or hocky bags can "mush" into places where a hard case can't fit. I routinely fit 6 AL80s and 2 mesh bags into my trunk (midsize car).

The Rubbermaid tub (or rectangular plastic bin) is great for shore dives, but gets in everyone's way when used on boats that don't have adequate under-the-seat storage. I leave a tub on the back seat of my car, but it doesn't go on the boat.

When I travel, I can fit the mesh bag and its contents into a large, hardsided, wheeled Samsonite (which does not scream "Expensive Dive Gear Inside).

I have the Akona roller bag and I love it, I even use it as a suite case on non diving trips.

I use tubs to transport whenever I can 'cause it does keep the car dry.

For charters where I don't know the storage conditions, I'll use a mesh bag.

Where I know the charter storage conditions or when I'm travelling I use a large kit bag (similar to a hockey bag). Although it does have a single shoulder strap - I never use it, I use the large handles as dual shoulder straps and hoist the bag like a backpack.

Like the others, I use Rubbermaid tubs. In one tub I can fit everything I need minus the tanks. They work great. Plus they are a great place to put all of your stickers! :D

For boat diving, I use an AquaLung mesh bag. It is big enough to fit all of the required equipment minus my BC and tanks.

Rubbermade tubs for caving. For Boat dives. I have 2 milk creats that are great because you can wash all your gear in the box and let it drain.

Eric

Some of the hardware stores also have larger tool boxes with wheels that make is easy to move your gear to a boat or other places.

Other than that I use an Audi A6 Avant - kit up right out of the back.

Big T

Back
Top Bottom