What do you carry in your BCD pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my BC pockets? Nothing.

What BC?

Can't fit too much in there with the integrated weights. But I can fit a signal mirror if I think it may be needed. Only thing that always goes in there is my mesh bag for collecting live or dead shells. If I find none it stays in there.

" Tethering: everything is clipped (using bolt snaps) to a short bungee loop inside the pockets.

Great idea .... How did you attach the "loop" to the inside of the pocket??

With my BC I carry a small spool and SMB, a signal mirror and whistle, stuff my wife picks up and trash I find.

With my bp/w, most stuff is clipped on as I don't use a pocket and have a good excuse not to take on the shells and crap. I do vary what I carry depending on the dive however. So diving from shore I usually carry the minimum, boat diving generally more.

I clip off most of the stuff I carry.

In my pockets I carry:
a buddy line
shears
a tube of icing (yes, the kind you buy in the grocery, I'm diabetic)
sometimes my gloves
sometimes a spare light
trash I pick up on the dive

A diver cannot prove his bravery in any better way. :)

I had to do it under water; was afraid she was going to say no!

CPR pocket mask
safety sausage
flashlight
license, credit card, cash (we've lost our car keys under water before, so it's just useful to have just in case)
DAN & c-card (the c-card is out of habit, but the DAN card is in case we need to make an emergency call and don't have time to dig around for it in the card)
mesh bag for trash

On the various loops of my BCD, I have a knife, noisemaker, camera, slate, whistle, & fin holder.

I haven't the foggiest idea how people carry a spare mask... my pockets are simply not that big, esp. with my integrated weights!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom