What do you bring on the dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go on charters down in Southern California. What I learned from people in the know and who are always going out on those boats is to bring a 5 gallon bucket and keep everything in there, weight belt, gloves, mask, hood, compass, bottom timer, etc.
I also have a soft duffle bag that my wetsuit is packed in with fins. That generally remains under the bench where I claim my spot and put my pre assembled dive rig. My clothes get put into a separate small foldable duffle and put away down in a bunk storage along with my changing cover (scuba mumu) where they wont get wet. The drybag is the next thing to keep my clothes dry.

Hi: Been going to Hawaii yearly and dive with Wanna-Dive-Kona. I take my gear - Fins, Wetsuit, BC, Mask in a crush proof plastic container, Regulator with computer in a AKONA - mesh top dive bag. I also take a back pack to put in the dry section of Steve's boat for my clothes, Steve provides towels. I also pack my camera in a soft vinyl sort of insulated food chest. prob. 10 x 7 x 7 with a zipper on the top. The AKONA dive bag is open meshed on the top but is water proof on the bottom and sides so after the dive I just load everything up - even though wanna-dive will wash and store your gear for the next dive day. I wash mine out at the condo.
On the trip over I have an AKONA rolling dive bag that I pack all my scuba gear plus a couple pair of shorts and couple t shirts. My carry on has my camera, housing, regulator and a couple of more shorts and t shirts for padding. Thats All I take. We were there for a month in april and did 11 two tank dives. Great time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom