What do you bring on the dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stahlsac Bonaire mesh backpack (thanks to The Kraken for that tip). Costs about 50-60 bucks and has a ton of room. Just throw everything in there and it has a built in dry sack for your towel, shirt, etc. I take a small dry box for the cards and stuff I want to stay dry that goes in the front pocket. I also carry a save a dive kit in a soft re-purposed tackle box.

Stahlsac Bonaire Mesh Backpack reviews and discounts, Stahlsac

To get to and from a hotel room, I have one of these from LL Bean:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63917?from=SR&feat=sr

I just put mine and my wifes bags in there and wheel it around. It is also watertight (not waterproof) so you can put it in the back seat of a car or trunk and not worry about getting everything wet.

I agree with all the posters here n here is my checklist:
Mesh backpack (Stahlsac Bonaire mesh backpack) for these items:
1. 2 masks
2. snorkle
3. SMB & reel
4. Fins
5. Regs
6. Wetsuit/booties/gloves
7. Compass
8. Dive tables
9. O2 analyser

Dry bag [Akona Dry Stuff Sack (AKB774)] or Watershed Big Creek Backpack. I am debating whether a dry duffel is better cus it's easier to get stuff from but anyway...
Shorts/long sleeve rash guard (the rash guard helps in getting the suit on easier n serves as tee shirt duty)
Small beach towel
spare underwear
C cards
Dive comps

A small toiletries dry bag for:
Sunscreen
Toothpaste/baby shampoo
save a dive kit (spare fin straps, o rings, mask strap, sea sick pills, band aids & other medical stuff)

SangP

MILK CRATE, mask goes in there, with the goodie bags, wreck reel, computer, bottom timer, gloves and hood, and fins on top. I could put my regs in there too, but they stay in a different bag just for them. The dry suit bag goes below deck and the bp/w has the lights attached already.....UP in the NE I couldn't imagine using mesh bags.

Though the first time I had a huge container and was advised if the boat had full capacity that it couldn't go so I observed and adjusted.

Stahlsac Bonaire mesh backpack (thanks to The Kraken for that tip). Costs about 50-60 bucks and has a ton of room. Just throw everything in there and it has a built in dry sack for your towel, shirt, etc. I take a small dry box for the cards and stuff I want to stay dry that goes in the front pocket. I also carry a save a dive kit in a soft re-purposed tackle box.

Stahlsac Bonaire Mesh Backpack reviews and discounts, Stahlsac

To get to and from a hotel room, I have one of these from LL Bean:

Rolling Adventure Duffle, Extra-Large: Duffles and Gear Bags at L.L.Bean

I just put mine and my wifes bags in there and wheel it around. It is also watertight (not waterproof) so you can put it in the back seat of a car or trunk and not worry about getting everything wet.

Totally agree with the Stahlsac Bonaire mesh bag, great big dry bag on that one and well made.

Besides my dive gear I always have a dry box with my c card and some tip money. I like to use mask defog and the wife likes to have a comb (woman). Wrist mounted computer and compass.

I show up with my gear already completely set up on one tank. In a small plastic bin I have my mask, booties, a small dry bag with my cell, some cash and my c-card. I put the towel on top of the bin with my fins and then drag my spare tank on board.

I do not understand why people show up dragging huge bags as if the 4 hour trip was really a 10 day cruise.

I put my gear in a heavy duty laundry basket. It drains the water off nicely and I can see everything.
I keep stuff I want to keep dry in a 5 gallon bucket with the o ring sealable lid. I also have a box for my GPS and camera that's waterproof.

I leave behind the three most useless things on a boat; an umbrella, a spirit level and a naval officer!

Good one!

I bring enough to make my dive and to stay warm topside, no more no less.

I'm neither a hunter nor a photographer, so anything that doesn't fit on my back (BC & tank) or in my mesh bag (fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, boots, wetsuit, regulator, flashlights, tank beacon light, seasick pill, sun block lotion, save-a-dive-kit, dry bag containing change of clothes & towel, dry box for wallet/glasses/cell phone/keys, SMB & whistle combo), I don't need.

I bring water (it's hot out here) for before the dive, beer for after the dive and hopefully a happy attitude. I leave behind the three most useless things on a boat; an umbrella, a spirit level and a naval officer!

Spirit level! I missed that before! That really cracks me up!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom