What do to when your dive is cancelled...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If things don't as planned I can always find a good stock tank or catch up on some pond scum research!

You must be flexible and have a back-up plan.

ID

Originally posted by Iguana Don
If things don't as planned I can always find a good stock tank or catch up on some pond scum research!

What's a "stock tank"? Sounds like something that cows drink out of...

J

Julie,

That is exactly what a stock tank is. They aint ponds around here, they are tanks

Tom

Hey Julie, I want a detailed map/directions to Lake Denton. THe lake I was using has been closed to divers, and I need another... I have heard of it, but have as yet to go dive it. Let me know depths etc, are you doing this with Extasea???

:tease:

Originally posted by Iguana Don

You must be flexible and have a back-up plan.

ID

Again I sit here in awe of those in MECCA, heck if there was a golpher mountian to sit upon I could make a trek and learn.

I did wash my truck in full scuba though.

Pete,

Lake Denton is in Avon Park, down highway 27. I'll try to get you a map, since I have only been there one weekend before (for some of my OW cert dives) and didn't drive then. Lots of LDSs use it for their cert dives, which means it can be really crowded down there on the weekends. I'm told that it's up to 60 ft. deep, but I didn't see anything past 35 feet when I dove it.

This isn't with Extasea but with Kissimmee Pro Dive, who my certs are through.

I'll fill you in when I have a map, etc.

Julie

Originally posted by NetDoc
Since I had to reload an NT server due to the Nimda virus instead of diving this weekend!!! People who make virus' for computers should be shot... or given a few human vurus' so they can see for themselves all the misery they cause!!!

:fury:

:fury:

Here Here,

I had the same problem NetDoc. I had to cut my dive short on saturday to get home and rebuild my PC also. I always have up to date NAV and still it infected my PC. I have 4800+ files infected in about 5 minutes. Now I have a hard drive failure to boot. Pisses me off. I think if I ever find someone who creates these things I am gunna buddy up with them, and get them diving, then pay to go on a deep dive in Mexico. At 120 feet or so I am gunna cut his/her air host and while trying to "fix it" manage to tie them to a rock...then watch them suffer.....

I might be lenient and inflat their BC all the way and then cut them loose after giving them one breath....

All the time humming "pop goes the weasel"

When a "cancelled dive" -usually due to weather, rough seas,etc.while on a trip-happens, I find it a good time to reacquaint myself with the non-divers I travel with. They are close enough friends to know the usual routine of " see mike at dinner time- unless there is a night dive" is interrupted only for good cause. (They also know it will take me a while to "degrouch" .)
Of course, if i can't find them, I do bring Dive Mags.
miked

Syrrus...

OUCH!!! At least it's only my clients who are being infected... if ONLY they would listen! I have yet to have a terminal infection on any here at the office/house.

KubeFish,

Very little of my most gifted work is done sober...

:tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom