What do men wear under their wetsuits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to scuba diving and just got my wetsuit and was wondering what do other guys wear underneath? My regular swim suit just seems way too bulky.

I am afraid the answer will be a speedo. :shocked2:

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just hate them.

Lots of men seem to wear the banana hammock style speedos. And I will disagree with you and say that there is PLENTY wrong with that.

Personally, I wear compression shorts. After the dive, I pull on a pair of board shorts over them.

We have board shorts for the Pre- and Post-dive as well... MAKO Board Shorts

MBS-2.jpg

Compression shorts, i wear a full length version in my drysuit

Never liked wearing shorts under my wetsuit...Speedos work best for me. I just keep a dry pair of shorts to pull on over them after my dive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

(This is not just a men's question BTW, because that same gathering of the shorts into the crotch happens for anyone wearing board shorts type things)

The triathalon shorts now often have the sticky thing at the bottom hem which makes everything fit on better over them. There are also thin one piece things like old 1920's bathing suits that work well at not irritating at the waist because they go up to the shoulders.

A lot of triathalon wear really works well because they are stripping in and out of wetsuits fast.

Under Armor compression shorts, worn under board shorts. Off come the board shorts, on goes the wetsuit.

Full commando.
several of my wetsuits are skin-in which requires lube to get in. Any sort of shorts or material just binds up and makes the suit very hard to put on and uncomfortable once it on. So I just got used to using wetsuits in the buff.
I have a cover up and a beach towel also works fine for changing, never had an em"bare-assing" moment yet.

I just don't dive anywhere a wetsuit is required...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom