What do men wear under their wetsuits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a ...."fun" topic! Actually quite useful, though. Picked up a dive skin last night for my trip to Cancun Sunday and was wondering what to wear under it. Commando is quite comfy, as that's usually what I wear under my 5mm wetsuit. But....I'd rather not be displaying my meat and taters to the general public. So...I'm thinking a pair of compression shorts my be in order. Besides.....I'm not exactly what one would consider "fit". Being married so long has made me way too comfortable.

This is a ...."fun" topic! Actually quite useful, though. Picked up a dive skin last night for my trip to Cancun Sunday and was wondering what to wear under it. Commando is quite comfy, as that's usually what I wear under my 5mm wetsuit. But....I'd rather not be displaying my meat and taters to the general public. So...I'm thinking a pair of compression shorts my be in order. Besides.....I'm not exactly what one would consider "fit". Being married so long has made me way too comfortable.
I bought a changing robe from a surf shop for that very issue. I dive wet so when the diving is over, everything comes off to get changed. Fed up trying all the contortions to try to maintain modesty getting changed in a car park in the middle of town (the harbour at one of the dive sites is virtually the middle of the town).

You boys need to man up and tip your hat to the traditions of scuba.......a red speedo and matching red knit cap was good enough for Mr. Cousteau. It works for everyone from rec divers to wreck divers to tech divers!

I am new to scuba diving and just got my wetsuit and was wondering what do other guys wear underneath? My regular swim suit just seems way too bulky.

I am afraid the answer will be a speedo. :shocked2:

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just hate them.

I wear a pair of Speedo's (SFW). Not the banana hammock style. They make a pair of shorts. Actual shorts and not today's board shorts. They're more like 1980's NBA uniform shorts length so there's little extra fabric to tuck in and it's pretty thin and dries quickly. Then I wear an underarmor t-shirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom