What do I do with a Kabochia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2ODog

Registered
Reaction score
As a gift from my employer, I have a Kabochia and don't know how to cook it. I've heard that they are one of the best squash and don't really want to cook it incorrectly. So, if you have any great methods of preparing Kabochia, I'd be most greatful.

I thought of doing a typical google search but decided I'd try here first because I know someone will have a great recipe.

goodeatsfan:
ooo..... check out some japanese sweet simmered kabocha recipes. Yummy!

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I guess I'll try the old google search.

Thanks,

M

Thanks goodeatsfan, sounds simple and easy, just what I'm looking for. I would not have thought of using soy sauce but will give it a try.

if you're game, I'd add just a touch of sake at the end, for that extra kick... good luck

My mom loves kabocha - but I have no idea how she cooks it. I believe she steams it using ingredients similar to what goodeatsfan mentioned.

But she hasn't made it in a while - the last time she made it, as she was slicing the rind part off, it slipped under her fingernail bed and stabbed her. I had to drive her to the ER because it wouldn't stop bleeding.

aahhh...... hope she's MUCH better now.... *chills* have had knive accidents loads of times, it never NEVER stops hurting...

goodeatsfan:
aahhh...... hope she's MUCH better now.... *chills* have had knive accidents loads of times, it never NEVER stops hurting...

She's better now - but it's been at least a year since she made kabocha :wink: - so I guess that tells you how traumatic the incident was for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom