What do all these abbreviations mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang Don,
I was all happy with my post till I saw yours :jawsdown: . Way to steal my thunder man :28: . Thanks for setting the bar that high :D .

Seriously though, maybe we can get a combined list and have mod sticky it to the "New 2 Scuba" or "Intro" or FAQ?

Jambi

this is a good idea and i'll pass it on

You forgot an important one in the South, Don...

NASCAR = National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing

:rofl:

Jambi:
Dang Don, I was all happy with my post till I saw yours :jawsdown: . Way to steal my thunder man :28: . Thanks for setting the bar that high :D .

Seriously though, maybe we can get a combined list and have mod sticky it to the "New 2 Scuba" or "Intro" or FAQ? Jambi

I found that on a side page of the old SB, but it is out of date. I'd love to see an update. Looking forward to Andy's work; I was just copying.

don

DawgPaddle:
I've noticed that some folks have PDIC in their signature section. Reading a few posts up I see that PDIC = Professional Diving Instructors Corporation. Is this a NAUI or PADI organization or completely stand alone? Just curious. What do they offer? Website? "Notes from the field". Best Pratices? etc...

Thanks

Hey i'm one of those PDIC folks website :www.pdic-intl.com
AND NO we are not part of PADI or NAUI !!!

Actually we are another training agency just like them whos been around since1950 used to train military (used to be professional diving instructors college) and was changed to corporation when started training civilians. we are a small agency and a founding member of the RSTC. The only agency that requires all instructor trainers to go to HQ to be certified.
Not very much emphasis is given on promoting PDIC gear but more on the quality of education.(though i sometimes wonder if more emphasis should be put on merketing since other agencies like to bash us; try typing pdic as a search subject on google, youll get : did you mean padi?)

Most instructors follow the minimum course content and add on what they think is relevant and submit course outline to HQ. Gives for an agency somewhat not very well known but that trains excellent divers (of course some exceptions apply) and allows for great flexibility of its instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom