What diving goals did you ACHIEVE in 2008?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok...El Orans' thread about New Years Resolutions sparked this thought...

WHAT DIVE RELATED 'NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS' DID YOU SET FOR 2008, and did you achieve them? (and what didn't work out?)

I DID get more dives in than 2007 (by only FOUR!)
I DID dive the Duane and Eagle
I DID get the BP/W set up and went to the 7' hose configuration and started diving with a pony rig.
I DID meet and dive with Walter (Ok, that WASN'T a goal, but it's TRUE!):rofl3:

I DIDN'T get Rescue certified
I DIDN'T get to dive the Speigel Grove

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2008 new year's resolution was to dive at least once a month. I ended up getting in about 40 dives.

Bonus was my wife suddenly wanting to dive and then getting certified.

2009 diving resolution is to get in 3 diving trips out of the state: one to BC, one to California for kelp life, and one to Bonaire or a similar location.

I finally got OW certified and a few dives under my belt already. Getting certified in December limited me to less than 10 dives so far, but that number will be growing in 2009!

I finally convinced my husband to get certified. He had always thought about it (his dad has been diving for years), but needed the push. Now he's totally in-love with it and I have a permanent dive buddy!!!

Not really goals per se, but achievements nonetheless...

I got AOW certified (who says night dives aren't cool?), spent 3 weeks diving in the Philippines by myself, and did my first ever liveaboard!

This year is shaping up even better... :)

Two actually. Completed the AOW in May on the Big Island of Hawaii, and did my 100th dive on the same trip. 5 years ago when I was certified I had hoped to complete 100 dives someday. Now it is just the beginning.:D

Wow, 2008 was a great year.

I passed a NAUI Helitrox class I didn't even know I was taking.
I passed Cave 1. This was a BIG deal.
I dove with wild dolphins, and saw my first manta (dolphins and mantas were on my "must see" list, but not specifically for 2008).

I met Steve Lewis, and was able to thank him for help and advice he's given me for the last three years. What a nice man!

What I didn't do:

Pass Rec Triox. I gave up.
Dive with Doc Intrepid. I thought this was going to happen. I'm still on it for 2009.
Get the boat out at least once a month. That's a goal for 2009.
Do much mentoring. I hope to fix that for the coming year, too.

the big one...got certified and started my AOW (need 4 more dives to finish). On pace for my 10 year goal, dive Chuuk on my 51st Birthday (started my OW a week before my 41st).

Did get certed
Did get 50 dives or more
Did get over 100'

2009 I'll either get my Master Diver or get my brother and wife set up with OW Basic, depending on how quickly I run out of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom