What din valve for Faber lp 95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your confirmation about the tank valves which are sold/used in the USA. Would be great to have same standardization all around the world.

It's not my business to determine who is competent or not. I guess I couldn't express myself properly because of my poor English language level, sorry for that.
No worries. Dive safe. :)

Someone gave me a M25 valve once. Took me awhile to realize it. They should not be available in the states but every once in awhile you might see one on Craig's list or Ebay.

M25 in a 3/4" tank opening would be extremely dangerous.

3/4" valves are easy to find and can be bought online at dozens of places. Just get a 200bar convertible Thermo "pro" valve.

How many "valve ejection accidents" have you experienced, out of curiosity?

What proof do you have that it is actually safer to dive without DIN adapters? Can you document a single incident of injury or death that was caused by a DIN adapter?

Dear Mattboy,

I wish I could forget ''valve ejection incidents/accidents'' occurred with me & very close friends.

I came across with an ''ejected tank valve'' first in 1995 during the first filling after tank/valve service done by some people I don't know. I was responsable to filling & storing tanks. Neither tank nor valve was responsable from the incident. The incident occurred because of human mistake, the metric threaded valve was installed on an imperial threaded tank neck accidentally. Luckily the ejected valve didn't hit my small brain. I was asked if I want to sue the person who caused the incident and my answer was very clear after taking one cold beer; NO. Beacuse it was also my mistake not to check the tank & valve standard prior to fill up.

Another ''valve ejection accident'' unfortunately caused one of my friend to pass away. She wasn't as lucky as me.

There are more stories but there is no reason of telling all of them here. The ''valve ejection accidents'' can also occure even the tank & valve within standardization. As you and all others know; tank neck & valve threads must be periodically inspected.

I am not against to ''DIN to INT'' or ''INT to DIN'' adapters. If they are not safe they wouldn't be produced. Adapters used in any sector suppose to ease our life but I espacially hate the one which is connected to my phone. I just experince & believe that keeping things as simple as possible is safer.

Dive Safe, regards.

Deniz Doner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom