What diaphragm can be used on 109/156 will G250 one work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have something for you possibly also but you may curse me if I give it to you.

N

Pictures of my Ex?

I took it as a given that the two interchange, and I've done it for years with everything except the more recent clear "not sure what it is but I don't think it's silicone" G250 diaphragms.

The G250 diaphragms are larger than the R109 diaphragms but not enough to cause an issue as I've used R109 diaphragms in G250s and G250 diaphragms in R109s, including the latest blue G250V diaphragms.

To put it in perspective, the increased size of the G250 diaphragm is less than the increase in size you see in R109 diaphragms that have been sprayed with silicone for a few years as the silicone caused them to "grow" a bit - and there are a lot of those out there.

In both cases, you'll notice the extra diameter as a slight lift at some point around the diaphragm when you lay the G250 diaphragm in an R109 case, but it's not enough to cause issues, once the cover and clamp are installed. As always do a good suction test to ensure things are properly sealed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom