What detergent to use for cleaning Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water. Anything else I'd be concerned would break down the silicone or silicone grease.

Water. Anything else I'd be concerned would break down the silicone or silicone grease.
This ^^^

You don't want to use any kind of soap or detergent. Steramine or vikron is you have regs in rental service and need them sterilized between divers. For personal use, rinse and dry

You don't want to use any kind of soap or detergent. Steramine or vikron is you have regs in rental service and need them sterilized between divers. For personal use, rinse and dry

^^^^
This

Fresh water for me, nothing else.

I personally wouldn’t use anything other than fresh water.

Agreed. If I dive salt I try to dive fresh sooner than later, but I'll leave the regs on the tanks. When I dive fresh I leave them on the tanks for the next dive, lol. Really the only reason I remove from a post is to fill and then it goes right back on.

My personal regs are sealed diaphragms.

I might have to rebuild sooner than later by doing it this way, but for the convenience of not having to soak, hang, air out, wrap up, get back out I'd rather just do that and keep an eye on the ip.

Always rinse and soak after every dive. When I get home let everything sit in the tub with 1:20 water to vinegar. Make sure to get water inside your BC. Slosh around, rinse.

For servicing, I use 1:10 water to vinegar ratio in an ultrasonic cleaner. Love that ultrasonic cleaner. If I could only fit my kids in it....

I just use fresh water, hose things off like fins and boots and drysuit, hood. Regs mask and other hard items soak over night in a bucket of water with a pinch of chlorine. I cap the inlet with proper caps and let them soak, proper caps are like good DIN caps that seal on the face o ring, for yoke caps like Zeagle, Atomic,Sherwood, deep6 etc. not the new Scuba pro that are just dust caps.

camera and computers soak in a sink with warm water and a drop of liquid hand soap for a surfactant.

Always use dawn no issues

I typically just use a freshwater soak with everything pressurized, followed by rinsing with the hose -- though will use Steramine or Virkon when diving in suspect waters, say, a harbor, or instances such as at China Basin in San Francisco, years ago, when the lab that we had once worked for, had us take nasty sediment samples, at the bayside site of what would eventually be Oracle Park.

Not recommended . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom