What constitutes a logged dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so just like the title reads...What constitutes a logged dive? Is it diving with a buddy and coming back alive? Is it diving with an instructor? Do people just take your word for it that you have logged 1,00 dives? Just curious for atleast
6m+ for more than 20mins for me anyway

Why bother logging dives? If someone needs data they can comb through my computer. If they can't figure out an Oceanic ProPlus they they don't need my dive count or depths. Dive count only matters for going into certain certifications and after that it is just one more way to say "look at me"
i at least dive to remember notable things. And hey, name a scuba diver who wont jump at a chance to talk about diving! Theres absolutely a "look at me" bit.

Record whatever you want in your logbook. You're the only one that will be looking at it, so record whatever information you believe will be useful to you. I stopped keeping a logbook a long time ago, because I just like to enjoy diving and it was too much trouble. But some people like to record every detail of every dive. Figure out what information you want to keep. I realized early in my diving that writing down the names of the people I dove with, including the crew on the dive boat, was one of the most valuable bits of information.

Most data in our logbooks has very little practical use... but revisiting a dive shop years later, and being able to look back in my logbook to see the names of the crew I dove with previously (often the same crew would still be there) was gold. It's often the people that make our diving experience what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom