What constitutes a logged dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree that a log book is for YOU, so you should decide what you want to log in it.

Some people like to write pool "dives" in their log books since they practice skills and find it valuable time. However, I've never heard of anyone who assigns a pool session a "dive number", so they are "logged" but not part of the total number of dives.
That probably is a better way to log pool dives by not assigning a number.

Doing my bit to keep this thread alive.

I logged this ~ 5 minute dive: Jumped off a local boat. Once we descended, the visibility was horrid - could not see a hand extended. Had to put gauges right up to the mask. Swam around a little to locate buddy/ see if viz improved. Nope. Right back up.

I figure I developed some low viz dive skills in that 5 min dive, so I feel fine logging it.

Any dive where I have cheated death by a mean evil shark constitutes a dive 🤣

ive logged a dive where we went down, couldnt see anything, no vis, almost black, could see MAYBE a hand up to my face. maybe a 10 minute dive, but down to 50 feet in my quarry. absolutely logged it.

Why bother logging dives? If someone needs data they can comb through my computer. If they can't figure out an Oceanic ProPlus they they don't need my dive count or depths. Dive count only matters for going into certain certifications and after that it is just one more way to say "look at me"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom