What color do you want your drysuit dive skin??

What color/kind of Fusion Skin would you want?

• Solid Black

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Solid Black with Graphics

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Red

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Camoflauge

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Approximately how much would the retail sell this new drysuit for?
I still don't understand how this drysuit be differed from the past types of drysuit? what are the advantages?thx

Approximately how much would the retail sell this new drysuit for?
I still don't understand how this drysuit be differed from the past types of drysuit? what are the advantages?thx

I suppose the best way to envision this suit is to imagine a lightweight shell drysuit on you that is a size or 2 too big, when you have the suit on by itself it is really not diveable - there is excess material in most areas - if you dove it this way there would be a lot of drag and air would get trapped in the areas that were too big; you are not restricted in your movements at all however. Then you put a full 1 piece/ 1mm wetsuit over top of it - this sucks in the excess material - and makes you ultra stremalined, but because this "wetsuit" has so much stretch - you still are not restricted in your movements - but you are still dry, flexible, and streamlined.

The question for this thread is - what color or style would you want that outer "wetsuit" to be - because it is in fact replaceable.

The suit right now has an MSRP listed at $1398 (including outer skin) - we will have several types of skins available in the new year
- 1 will be solid Lycra - which is what it comes with now - it will have an MSRP of around $200
- The other types will be combinations of Lycra and neoprene - providing optimum stretch and durability - These styles will have an MSRP of around $300

Later today I will post a poster that has examples of different skins as well as more technical info on how it all works together.

Until the next Dive,
Tyler

As promised I have attached a small picture of one page of a flyer we will be releasing for DEMA regrading the Fusion. Click on the picture to get a link of the full flyer.

Feel free to comment, esp. regarding some of the skin colors that have been posted - not all of them will be available.

Until The Next Dive,
Tyler

Is your new suit going to last longer than your other suits? My Nexes seals fell apart before the 10th dive. The replacement seals fell apart before the 100th dive. My friends, husband and wife, both have your Polar Flex suits and they are falling apart with less than 50 dives. I know another person who just got his Polar Fles back, after 10 dives, because it started to fall apart. If the craftSmanship of your new suit is the same as the rest of your suits, it would not matter what color they came in, I WOULD NOT BUY ONE! And yes I called the factory concernig this. There response was "What do you want for a suit with a 100 dives on it. You'er lucky you got that many."

As promised I have attached a small picture of one page of a flyer we will be releasing for DEMA regrading the Fusion. Click on the picture to get a link of the full flyer.

Feel free to comment, esp. regarding some of the skin colors that have been posted - not all of them will be available.

Until The Next Dive,
Tyler

Becareful when purchasing White's over priced crap. I know I wish I had not, and the people I know that have also wished they had not.

Just wondering, for the tec divers out there...can you put dry gloves on? How about a p-valve? Hip pockets?

Just wondering, for the tec divers out there...can you put dry gloves on? How about a p-valve? Hip pockets?

I bought a Bare to replace my White's. I installed the dry gloves myself, Viking Bayonets, the pee vlave myself, OMS, and the bellows pockest myself, Bare. This suit has approximately 100 dives on it and still looks the same as when I took it out of the box. I would recomend Bare suits to anyone wanting a quality product. Oh, by the way did I mention that my Tech Bare suit was half the cost of Whites Polar Flex, and warranted for life against leakage.

Is your new suit going to last longer than your other suits? My Nexes seals fell apart before the 10th dive. The replacement seals fell apart before the 100th dive. My friends, husband and wife, both have your Polar Flex suits and they are falling apart with less than 50 dives. I know another person who just got his Polar Fles back, after 10 dives, because it started to fall apart. If the craftSmanship of your new suit is the same as the rest of your suits, it would not matter what color they came in, I WOULD NOT BUY ONE! And yes I called the factory concernig this. There response was "What do you want for a suit with a 100 dives on it. You'er lucky you got that many."

We really appreciate your comments and concerns. When a manufacturer puts a suit together, in most cases the individual parts, come from the same place; zippers, seals etc. In fact the seals on your existing suit are the same seals that we use here at Whites - they come from the same place.

Any issues that you or any of your friends/relatives have with any of our products, I would encourage you to contact me directly - and I will personally ensure that you're taken care of. That goes out to everyone on Scubaboard for that matter, that is why I am here. We always hope that your local dealer will provide you with the customer service you are after, but if they don't, my door is open.

250-652-8554 ext 228

Until the Next Dive,
Tyler

As an instructor I have always been a fan of bright, visible colors under water - what would any one think of a black lycra skin with yellow graphics? even the same graphics pictured in my previous post - just yellow instead of grey?

OR - what if you could put your own graphic on it?

Until the next dive,
Tyler

<snip>
OR - what if you could put your own graphic on it?

Until the next dive,
Tyler

SOLD!! ...although I haven't the faintest idea of what my graphic would be...meh.

All the best, James

PS - I'd swap all the colors in the world for pockets. Not the matrix plate pockets, but sewn-on bellows pockets....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom