what changed in Cobalt 1.42 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I see there was a firmware update in Sept - cant find any detail on whats changed

Anyone have clues ? Is it mandatory ?

The 1.42 version for the Cobalt 1 was mostly a maintenance update, with "under the hood" changes to make things more efficient, more in line with the Cobalt 2, and some diagnostic features added. The biggest change was that in the dive log, the NDT time stored with each segment is now the lowest value reached during the segment, not the last value. If you have the immediately prior version it's probably not a big deal, but if you are running an older firmware version it's always a good idea to update.

We are testing a new version now that will have some significant changes, both to the interface and to internal functioning. That one will be highly recommended. I'm not sure when it will get through the testing process.

Ron

Any updates / details on this new release for the cobalt 1?

Any updates / details on this new release for the cobalt 1?

We kept making more changes to stay in line with the Cobalt 2 firmware as much as possible, but locked it down in the last month. We are finishing a round of chamber and field testing and I expect that a new version will be released in the next few weeks.

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom