What brand alternate air reg/inflator do I have here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought a package on CL mainly for the lights and reg this person had. But this Classic Scubapro BC is nice too. However the sticker on the Alt Air type regulator is missing. It uses what appears to be a standard inflator hose, and the shape reminds me of a Zeagle Octo 20150921_135217.jpg20150921_135208.jpgbut the buttons look wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diver Don

Frankly, I'd toss it and install a simple inflator, $15 from DGX.

Good idea. I have a SP LP inflator to install. But that doesn't answer my question. I hooked it up to a full AL80 and it worked fine. Agian, I'm curious what brand it is.

Thanks!

DD

I just saw one of these a month or so ago. It is an OLD Zeagle integrated octo. You are supposed to be able to orally inflate it by breathing into the hole shown in picture two that has the two parallel lines. I don't think kits are available for it. I'd do what Tursiops said and replace with a standard inflator.

So it looks like a Zeagle to you too. Thats kinda what I expected it to be. Thanks for the opinions.

DD

I bought a package on CL mainly for the lights and reg this person had. But this Classic Scubapro BC is nice too. However the sticker on the Alt Air type regulator is missing. It uses what appears to be a standard inflator hose, and the shape reminds me of a Zeagle Octo View attachment 216860View attachment 216861but the buttons look wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diver Don
Yes, they had a funky design to get around the Scubapro patent. I would put a Scubapro AIRII on it or an auto-inflator depending on your preference. Do you have an oct.?

Yes, they had a funky design to get around the Scubapro patent. I would put a Scubapro AIRII on it or an auto-inflator depending on your preference. Do you have an oct.?

I do have an Air2 on my Accent and one on my Knighthawk. I don't always use BCDs though, when I use a backpack I'll probably have an octo on the reg I'm using at the time. Most of my DH regs will not accommodate an octo or an inflator.
I ended up with this Classic and the odd octo because it came with a package that I couldn't break up. I just want to know what it is as I don't intend to keep it but I do have a few $$ into it.

DD

Yes, it looks like an old Zeagle Octo Plus. But if it has a standard inflator, then it was modified and should be returned to its original state with the Zeagle/Seaquest large bore inflator.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Back
Top Bottom