What books are you reading these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read mostly sci-fi and fantasy. I really like Alan Dean Foster's commonwealth series (Sentenced to Prism and any of the Flinx books are great!), Mercedes Lackey, and Anne McCaffrey.

I recently re-read for the first time in years Dean Koontz's Twilight Eyes. That has got to be one of the best supernatural thriller books of all time. I think it could make a great series as well, although several series have similarities. (First Wave has situational similarities but from a different cause.) It has one of Koontz's trademark twists toward the end as well. You think you know what's going on but then there is a twist that makes the whole meaning of the root cause totally different.

Read the The DaVinci Code a few weeks ago, yesterday finished Shadow Divers, which turned out to be better than I expected.

Anything/everything by Terry Pratchett is a must-read IMHO. I especially like his discworld novels...One of his books is enough to put a smile on my face any day.

If you haven´t read anything by him before...you´re lucky! (so many good books to read)

Read Janet Evanovich's 10th Steph Plum...Ten Big Ones...on the plane...have reread it twice while on holidays!

IMO it's her funniest and best since the second one.

Now waiting for Trace to come into the library (Patricia Cornwell).

I'm about two thirds of the way done with Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Before that I read Hornet Flight... great book!

Just finished the last of the Harry Potter books after years of procrastinating about reading them. Now I wish I'd read them sooner - great, great books, don't leave them to the kids.

Now I'm reading Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett, and the man is a genius. Well worth reading any of his books

And going in the bag for tomorrow's dive trip is the DaVinci code (before I become the last person on the planet to read it ) and "Bravemouth: Living with Billy Connelly" by Pamela Stephenson

I am reading the "Left Behind" series.

Kimber

I am reading Shadow divers. Good book...

1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus - Charles C. Mann
Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany - Bill Buford
Trust: From Socrates to Spin - Kieron O'Hara

All that typing this up has taught me is that I like books with colons in their titles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom