What BC do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is some ScubaBoard info from questionaire during the recent contest. I realize that this excludes international users, but it is interesting, none the less. This is data collected by ScubaBoard - NOT Zeagle.

Question: What BCD do you currently own?

Zeagle,429
Other,358
SeaQuest,267
ScubaPro,195
Dive-Rite,133
Mares,119
Oceanic,118
Sherwood,106
Dacor,101
Aqualung,76
Genesis,43
OMS,37
Aeris,32
Cressi-Sub,28
Tusa,22
DUI,14
Seatec,10
Seasoft,4
XS Scuba,4

Scott - who dives a Zeagle Stiletto, but didn't enter the contest or answer the questionaire...:wink:

Oxycheq. Love mine.

ScubaPro Classic Plus - yup, jacket. Yup, it works for what I'm doing now. Yup, I've tried a BP/W and I've liked em, but I'm in no hurry to swap out my current BC until I get into diving that would be benefitted much more by the swap.

SeaQuest Fusion, kinda funky looking, really comfy, and when your at the surface if you lean back some you can sit in it like a lay z boy :wink:

ScubaPro Classic
Zeagle NiteRunner
Halcyon W/27 Pioneer
Not to happy with the BP/Wing

ScottZeagle:
Here is some ScubaBoard info from questionaire during the recent contest. I realize that this excludes international users, but it is interesting, none the less. This is data collected by ScubaBoard - NOT Zeagle.

Question: What BCD do you currently own?

Zeagle,429
Other,358
SeaQuest,267
ScubaPro,195
Dive-Rite,133
Mares,119
Oceanic,118
Sherwood,106
Dacor,101
Aqualung,76
Genesis,43
OMS,37
Aeris,32
Cressi-Sub,28
Tusa,22
DUI,14
Seatec,10
Seasoft,4
XS Scuba,4

Scott - who dives a Zeagle Stiletto, but didn't enter the contest or answer the questionaire...:wink:

The Questionaire done by Scubaboard for the contest cannot be counted on as being an acurate sample. For starters there is bias built into the sample, the sample is not random nor stratified. In a contest giving away a particular product, and asking what product the users currently use, it can be expected that a user of product Z will be more likely to seek another of product Z than, say a user of product Y.

Bottom line, there is a response bias that will affect the validity of the results. Still interesting information though. Thanks Scott.

Woner how many of those GUEers entered the contest for a BC

Justin699:
The Questionaire done by Scubaboard for the contest cannot be counted on as being an acurate sample. For starters there is bias built into the sample, the sample is not random nor stratified. In a contest giving away a particular product, and asking what product the users currently use, it can be expected that a user of product Z will be more likely to seek another of product Z than, say a user of product Y.

Bottom line, there is a response bias that will affect the validity of the results. Still interesting information though. Thanks Scott.

Woner how many of those GUEers entered the contest for a BC

The answers to the questions in no way affected the contest, so I don't know why anyone would lie. Even if I dove a Mares BC, I would still enter the contest. Hell, I could sell the BC on ebay if I won it and didn't want it. :11:

I would guess that a sampling of 2200 people who entered the contest would be slighty more accurate than a random post on ScubaBoard, but maybe not. :06:

By comparison, ScubaPro blew everyone away in the "which Reg Do You Use" catagory in the same questionaire...

gballard:
What do you think is the best BC for receational diving.Which one do you use, and which one would you want to purchase?

Best is subjective. I dive a Zeagle Ranger. If I were to purchase a new BCD it would be a Zeagle stilleto. I feel the Ranger is a GREAT BCD, and the used price I paid for it With integrated Octo was outstanding. My only complain is that it is not a very travel friendly BCD, but it works for that as well.

ScottZeagle:
The answers to the questions in no way affected the contest, so I don't know why anyone would lie. Even if I dove a Mares BC, I would still enter the contest. Hell, I could sell the BC on ebay if I won it and didn't want it. :11:

I would guess that a sampling of 2200 people who entered the contest would be slighty more accurate than a random post on ScubaBoard, but maybe not. :06:

By comparison, ScubaPro blew everyone away in the "which Reg Do You Use" catagory in the same questionaire...

I'm not sure you understand what I am saying. I am not saying anyone lied. There are just some issues with the survey, how it is given and the respondents that results in bias. I don't mean that in any way other than a scientific observation. The nature at which the survey is presented to people immediatly creates a response bias. The sample is nonrandom. I would assume that Zeagle has done market research before, if not they certainly should look into it. Pull a guy from your marketing department, ask him/her what he/she thinks about the process that the survey was taken under and I'm sure he/she will give a similar answer. This thread is also certainly not a scientific source of data collection, both have problems in the methodology of the testing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom