What Are Your Most Prized Treasures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotthebreeze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Although I'm not OW certified, I do snorkel whenever and where ever I can. This past summer I took my mask, snorkel and fins to a local cemetary in CT where my great grandfather had found flint arrowheads along the banks of a pond. Well, 70 years later I was in the pond and luckily no one caught me. Although there were many years of leaf decay, the visibility was alright. I found 2 flint arrowheads and 1 obsidian arrowhead, which I am confused by. Flint, yes, but obsidian (cooled lava if I'm not mistaken) must have been quite some time ago. Either that or it was a possible trade with another Indian tribe. The picture I posted is a similar looking piece, as I am at college and don't have my arrowheads with me.

What are your most prized treasures from below?

Attachments

• 000000080_1.jpg
    000000080_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 110
Found bronze prop in buzzards bay, now a wall decoration on the outside of my home.

I have found many great artifacts, from indian relics, civil war and WW2. The ones that give me the most satisfaction by far are the ones I did not get to keep.

They were the guns I have recovered that have resulted in solved murders.

i found an old fish guide slate covered in growth.. i cleaned it all up and gave it to the girl i was diving with

rawr

I found a guy's teeth (in 43 degree water) and handed them back to him. They were certainly a treasure to him!

15 weight belts, two masks, one 16 foot fiberglass skiff. i have used the skiff for 7 years. lots more stuff but it was mostly useless stuff.

The corner of a license plate from Al Capone's car that I found on a drift dive in Rainbow River. (that's my story and i'm sticking to it!) There are also the fossils from a spring that include a jawbone from some small mammal, that based on location and depth, are in the 4-5000 yr old range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom