What are your favorite hobbies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 117
It amazes me how you guys get those tires to stick?!?!
I got to hand it to you, you got way bigger waywos (sp) than I do!

It looks scarier than it is. It's the most fun you can have on land :)

Another for Mtn Biking and photography, but also built and flew two small aircraft.

I used to be big into 4 wheeling and dirtbikes. Nowadays I pretty much dive and hunt.

It amazes me how you guys get those tires to stick?!?!
I got to hand it to you, you got way bigger waywos (sp) than I do!

It's much easier than it looks. The thing about a motorcycle is that the spinning of the wheels cause a gyroscope effect. The only thing a motorcycle wants to do is stand straight up. And the faster you go the more stable they feel in corners like this.

It's not so much about the wheels sticking as the balancing act between the force of gravity acting on your body and the gyroscope of the wheels that fight it in the opposite direction. You do it with street bikes (even very big ones) as well, although it's hard to find places where you can get up enough speed that you need to lean that far down.... and you have to watch out for pot holes and dirt on the road, which I found out the hard way (ouch!).

R..

p.s. Btw, the word you were looking for is huevos (spanish for eggs)

Btw, the word you were looking for is huevos (spanish for eggs)
Thank you. I was having a senior moment and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to spell it. Funny though because I do know some spanish, I live in California after all.
So I figured WTH, I'll just spell it out how it sounds and I'm sure people would know what I meant.

Whitewater rafting, especially the Grand Canyon, golf and shooting. Always get at least one dive trip a year.
RichH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom