What are your favorite hobbies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parkour, long boarding, rock climbing, snowboarding, shooting.
And sticking biscuits in my dog's collar. Seeing a 80lbs lab flail around is good entertainment. :D

I've had lots of hobbies outside scuba but diving is the one I always come back to.

Currently I'm having lots of fun brewing and drinking my own beer.

Falling off my horses, play sax and mandolin, crew on a tall ship, gardening and collecting dead things. I had a bit of a spate of climbing volcanos for a couple of years but im over that now.

For the past 3-4 years, this obsession with scuba pretty much clobbered my other passions ;-).

I still enjoy off road Mtn biking, photography, free weights, jogging, occasional creative projects, any day on the water (diving or not) and international travel to dive destinations.

Before scuba, I rock climbed obsessively, camped, did a lot of yoga & meditation, spent more time in the mountains/hot springs, frequented the burning man culture, danced a lot and indulged in many way-off-the-beaten-track international backpacking adventures.

Hobbies? Between all the diving and editing of the underwater video, who has time for hobbies? Well, I do enjoy reading quite a bit and socializing with divers when they come over to our dive park.

The list has gotten significantly shorter as I've gotten older, but here's a brief rundown:

Guitar, and Music in general
Travel
Cigars and Scotch
Cooking/Culinary Arts/Food
Fashion stuff (watches, hats, shoes, sunglasses, clothes, etc)
Cycling
Golf
Tennis
Photography and Video Editing
MotoGP
Cars
Reading (mainly about all of the above)
Walking
Hanging out with my crazy friends

Last edited:
I like to be outside. Traveling, camping, climbing to the tops of mountains, just about anything that involves doing something outside.

Indoors I like reading, playing computer games, playing the piano and writing. I do all of those things to varying degrees of incompetence but I still enjoy them :)

R..

I like many outdoor activities, like hiking and wildlife watching. Travel, esp. to foreign countries - we plan to move to France &/or Africa at some point. Classical music. Reading history. Building and flying model rockets. Gardening. Why do you ask?

- Bill

Poker, hunting, fishing, and if I'm not diving, tinkering with dive gear and it's configurations. Currently playing around with some different side-mount layouts.

Back
Top Bottom