What are your dive goals / dreams for 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Volunteer cleanup / remodeling dives at Lake Phoenix in late January.

Harbor cleanup in (ideally) spring instead of summer (the air was like fire and the water was like vomit)

More Morehead City dives (to include finishing AOW).

Either a trip to Fl springs or a diveable lake in Maine

But most of all...my wife will be getting certified next year!

I'm doing Cozumel in January. Grand Cayman off a cruise ship in Feb. Then I plan to get a wetsuit and do some local diving in the summer.

That's about the same number as me, one or two 3 dive days is my limit now, I need a nap after 2 dives some days.
This getting old is not for the timid, but still we 'battle on', beats the alternative. 👌
63 yo. My January trip is 4 dives a day for 5 days, plus 2 night dives. Only 2 dives on the last day because 24 hr before flying. I go alone, so I don't mind gong to bed early.

- Get MOD3 CCR cert
- Get Cave CCR DPV cert + BlackTip Tech w a custom battery pack
- Get a cold water SF Tech suit setup
- Dive Great Lakes

If I am lucky, add one more rebreather to the stable. Probably a Meg or a Fathom.

Might be a slim year as far as travel, since my wife got RIF'd from her job in October. I hope to at least do more Texas diving at the local spot (Scuba Ranch) or maybe hit some of the other Texas lakes (looking at you, @SlugLife). I'd like to at least get enough dives under my belt to get through Rescue Diver in 2024.

If my bride finds a new gig early in the year, and I suspect she will, I'd like to get a Keys trip in. We shall see.

To dive more and dive locally more, get the Pacific side for the first time (Maldives, Indonesia or the Philippines) in the next couples of years. Long term get back to Mexico to get cave certified.

I just started diving in April 2023. My 2024 goals:
  • PADI deep, shipwreck, and Nitrox in January.
  • FFSSEM niveau 2 equivalence in June
  • Spend July-October club diving after work
  • log at least 60 dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom