What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My pet peeve: Being rushed to get into the water - need time to put on equipment carefully & hopefully have time for a 'buddy check.'

JC tried.

IMO the imperial system sucks. Base 10 is so lovely.

I mean an inch is some guy's thumb joint, a yard is some woman's nose to thumb and index finger and a foot is..well.. some dude's foot. The conversions are all jacked up. I'm a fan of the meteoric system.

Reactions: Jax
Lots of learning here - remind me not to dive with some of you folks!

My biggest pet peeve: dive ops smashing non-divers on a dive boat.
I was in Curacao last year on a trip to the "Tugboat Reef" - the boat had 6 divers and then an entire family group of 8, including a morbidly obese set of grandparents and a 1 month old baby (no miss-type!) in a large stroller came (late) to the boat. The dive op did not explain to the non-divers that occupying the back of the boat with baby/ grampa/ etc was not a great location, and that, in general keeping out of the way of the people with the fins/ tanks/ masks was recommended.

A corollary to that: dive ops that run multiple boats, where after the first day do not group divers for future days of diving by experience/ interests. While I have no interest in deep wrecks, I recognize that not everyone wants to spend half a tank trying to get the "perfect" picture of "yet another" nudibranch.

Greets

Just got OW cert, so I appreciate all the comments that I can learn from. At this point I couldn't really have any true diving related pet peeves since I have all of 6 dives.

I will say that airfare pisses me off.

"Nope. We can't put banked nitrox in your tank. Your tank is not o2 clean. "

Ummmm.....my usual dive shop does. It's not like you putting pure oxygen in there...this really doesn't make sense. See the big green and yellow bumper sticker my shop put on?

"No dice."

OK, can you fill these o2 clean tanks I have with banked nitrox?

"Well.......we can ....but .......I don't know about the validity of the o2 clean sticker your shop put on. How do we know it's acceptable? Why don't you let us o2 clean all your tanks and there won't be a problem..................Sir?...Sir...............SIR?......Where are you going?"
:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom