What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anything you just CANT STAND when it comes to diving?

People who wash their face, hair or mask in the camera tank. :redhot:

People who forget that they are not the only ones on the dive boat. :redhot:

The fact that I need to always wear a hood to hide the shiny spot on top of my head. :redhot:

Over crowded dive boats.

People who wash their face, hair or mask in the camera tank. :redhot:

People who forget that they are not the only ones on the dive boat. :redhot:

The fact that I need to always wear a hood to hide the shiny spot on top of my head. :redhot:

Whats the deal with this camera tank anyway? Seriously I have no clue, but if it is about a little spit off a mask in the tank, think about the pee rolling on the deck draining out from the wetsuits..........Or a door knob for that matter......Or the public pool you did your training in......

Last edited:
People touching my valves (or any of my gear)
Other dive companies showing up to load their gear after the charter boat was scheduled to get underway
Experienced divers not being ready to splash as soon as the boat moors on dives they've done countless times (I don't mean here that I don't like people taking their time, I mean divers who know it takes 15 minutes to get to the mooring ball and then act surprised when 20 minutes after we leave the dock it's time to dive)
Other dive companies acting like their **** doesn't stink (Team Hennessy if you will...)
People touching anything alive
People poking **** with their snorkel (although I have discovered poking the offending party with my snorkel seems to correct this)
"Do as I say not as I do" dive pros

Michael

It's about damaging expensive camera lenses with oil and other chemicals.

At first thought it seemed a little anal, but even a "cheap" underwater camera isn't "cheap". I'd be a flamming buthole if I was taking care of middle of the road $4,000 DSLR and housing. Thanks!

I've got a Ikelite housing and a cam corder that uses the mini tapes on e-bay for less than $200. Figured it would be fun to play with. Sadly I haven't used it yet as I'm still pretty busy just diving....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom