What Are The Riskiest Things In Your Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Mine are probably:

cycling in traffic

driving my car (only 8 K a year, slow speeds)

dropping my hairdryer in the sink?

JB's

IED's

cycling

motorcycle

I am curious what other's identify as their real risks. I almost put CV health down because of my age, but I am not sure what my actual risk is since I exercise. I know it comes in ahead of cancer...

How many people out there ponder their actual risks and feel they have them in order?

Work. Construction. I have had a couple of scary moments.

Driving. I have had more scary moments than I can remember.

Diving. I have had a couple of scary moments.

Arguing with my wife. I think she has a little bit of psycho in her.

My risks... hmmm. In order, I believe they are:

Driving - I'm a SoCal, and I'm in sales. Do the math.

Diving - a couple of hunge a year

Breathing - every day I live, Cancer has a greater chance of getting me. My mom was a cancer machine, fighting several types for 33 years until she died at 66. Huge family history of cancer. If I make it cancer free to 60 I'll be very surprised. I'm 75% of the way there, and every day is grace.

I fly a lot on business. So commercial flying. Much less than years past, but still doing about 50,000 - 60,000 domestic.

I have house rabbits. They could rebel and rise up and kill me in my sleep. It could happen.

That's it. I'm pretty risk free.

---
Ken

2 teenage boys :11:

Seriously, if you mean what is most likely to "get" me in the near future, it would almost have to be an auto accident involving me on a bike or in a car, even though I don't really consider that a risk (it doesn't occupy my thoughts while I drive, and only occasionally when I pedal).

Exercising is probably the next riskiest thing that I partake in, since I've heard of a lot of people dropping dead while exercising vigorously. But again, it doesn't worry me because the benefits far outweigh the risks. (Just like diving.)

I don't think I do anything where the risk outweighs any benefit that I receive.... does anyone, willingly?

Bacteria, or a virus or something. I'm going to Papua New Guinea next year... malaria?

Fun question though, it will be interesting to see what people answer. Most people (those in combat situations/war zones excepted) have worries, not realistic risks.

Motorcycling among the cell phone talking, stereo fiddling, makeup applying, newspaper reading, car/truck/SUV drivers.

I am shocked at how hard this is. Of course you can google it. But, to individualize it for your life...I am always spouting off about how something isn't dangereous, managing risks, etc. But, doesn't it seem like most people in this day and age of so much information should know the top three riskiest things in their life?

I am not confident I have it right...

My son, I am sure is pedestrian related/ traffic.

My daughter is a teenage driver..car accident/ alcohol related (hrs she drives, etc.)

But to identify the top three? I cannot do it. How do you manage risk if you can't really even come up with the biggies?

Honestly folks, I bet the flu is pretty high.

When I bought health insurance recently, they did not ask me about driving, flying, cycling.

They asked (aside from existing health) only several things.

Do you dive? how deep? (very odd) I mean...they don't ask about any other sport/ activity

And..they asked how many time a year I travel outside of the US.

Under 34...accidents over 34.. your heart and then you go from there.

1: My Motorcycle
2: My Internet Stalking
3: My Internet Stalking

I'm pretty healthy and not much of a risk taker so my top three are:

Driving
Diving
Stress-related illnesses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom