What are the police doing to end the crime on Bonaire? - thread split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonder why all this tap dance around the question? That would worry me if I had any plans to visit Bonaire, which I will not do till the crime problem is irradicated, which doesn't appear to be any time soon. :(
Because the question is from you, and you :deadhorse: until its offspring's offspring can no longer move. :shakehead:

Because the question is from you, and you :deadhorse: until its offspring's offspring can no longer move. :shakehead:

Dear God, Amen to that!!!!!

PF, really the only thing you're doing is anoying people. Especially with all those posts with the ROFL smiley. You are entitled to your opinion, but we know it already (if there would be at least something constructive to your comments).
The only thing I'm warned about with your posting is not to run in to you out of fear that you would be nagging my head off in real life too...:shakehead:

We know there is crime, we have been warned, and still we will be going. Let people do what they like please. It's not because you have your opinion that everybody should follow yours. You won't be going to Bonaire because there is crime... Fine, so don't go.

If people don't want to go to Bonaire, good for them, let them go to the many other places there are in the world. If people want to go to Bonaire, just as good, let them. I can't figure out why you just can't accept that people want to visit the Island... Live and let live.

Let me address this silly charge now: it is not my aim to be annoying but to bring attention to the ongoing problem of crime on Bonaire and the absurd statement that if you become a victim of crime on Bonaire, it's because YOU lacked commn sense and hey, accept it because it happens in a lot of other places. Too many people on this board, with a clear vested Bonaire interest, are ignoring the bad crime problem there. Someone has to give balance to the, "no problem mon" crowd. There IS a problem.:shocked2:

Well PF I really think that the problem is with you and not with some subterfuge which you imagine is going on with folks who have a pecuniary interest with the island. The overwhelming majority of Bonaire's visitors have fantastic experiences which is why the revisit rate is so high amongst her visitors.

I realize you think I'm part of the problem since I own a condo & are involved with rentals, however with all the guests we've had in our first 18 months of operation, I have yet to have 1 complaint and everyone of them LOVED IT and the Bonaire experience. Additionally, I make no secret of my financial involvement on the island which is clearly stated on every posting I make.

You on the other hand take a much different tack. For some reasons which you have never explained you have a personal vendetta against the wonderful island of Bonaire and her people and visitors.

Why don't you be candid and honest with us & tell us all:

1. How many visits have you personally made to the island?
2. If so what happened to you personally that you have this vindictive vendetta which you disguise as trying to educate the public. Really PF you ought to get a real life.

PS..My tagline closing about Bonaire I think says it all :) 16 days & we return WHOPPEE!!!! Hope you'll have as much fun in Charlotte as we have on Bonaire.

He has NEVER been to Boanaire! He must have an interest in Roatan as he defends that Island! He is just a Troll who has to have the last word under the guise of Public Service! If he wants to know call the Bonaire police and leave the board alone! Stop attacking people who enjoy the place!

Look, Pilot Fish, I don't own any property on the islands and am not in the tourism business, and get peeved about the crime problem too. I have engaged in some discussions here on that topic, but you are just way over the top on this.

If you aren't a troll just trying to pick a fight anywhere you can, you need to know you are coming across as one. You should also know that you have lost just about any credibility on this topic that you might have had. I am beginning to wonder if you don't have some agenda besides just discussing this issue. So I figure either you are legit and will take my comments to heart, backoff a little and tone down the rhetoric, or you will continue antagonizing everyone and I will write you off as a troll to be ignored.

A gang of like minded posters on this board does not make you right, or the crime on Bonaire any less real. Attacking the messenger is the usual tactic of those with a poor position. It's a very simple question, and one that deserves exploration, if things are EVER to change: what are the police doing to end the crime on Bonaire?

When people can't answer, or refuse to answer, a simple question they resort to the claim that the peson asking the question has some sort of problem. :laughing: Next step is the make belive patience in trying to deal with the questioner, then they exibit false tolerance and then resort to belittling the question. Failing all that, they then start a barrrage of complaints to the moderators stating that the person posing the questin is a nusiance. Yeah, right!

There is a perfect example of why no one wants to even acknowledge your posts... more of the dead horse...

Like minded posters being right or wrong makes no difference when an annoying gadfly continues to profess their righteous indignation when no one on the entire thread cares about it, or answering it.

Start a thread with the title "What is Bonaire doing about its crime issues?" Then, you will have people who care to discuss the issue in the same thread with you. But, I gamble you won't do that. Why won't you do that? I DARE you to do that and lead the discussion there. It would be a far better venue than in trip report threads that have nothing to do with your hijack.

I had your posts blocked at one time and now I remember why... Back to blocked posts

There's no make believe patience in trying to deal with the questioner when there is NO answer that will be acceptable. There is no false tolerance, I refuse to tolerate your posts any longer. I won't belittle the question. It's been dealt with time and time again until that dead horse and their offspring's offspring's offspring can no longer move. I'm not going to fail, I'm going to block and ignore because I DO see it as a nuisance!

Just so you have a place to take this discussion... and if a MOD sees the better place to break this thread out into that discussion area...

I have started that discussion thread for you.

Feel free to take your questions about Bonaire's police and crime here

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ab...lice-doing-end-crime-bonaire.html#post5019636

Now, you have a place where the discussion is valid and on point

From now on, everyone feel free to point people with this question to the correct discussion thread :)

Yeah, right!

P.S. After a second thought, I have decided not to block your posts... just point you to the correct discussion area

Last edited:
NOTE: THIS POST IS OUT OF CONTEXT. IT WAS THE THREAD STARTER UNTIL THE MODS MOVED ANOTHER AREA DISCUSSION TO THIS ON TOPIC THREAD.

Topic asked and a good place for the discussion to take place. Much better than in trip reports.

MODS, in threads that begin to go astray from reports etc. and head to this topic, feel free to break them out into this thread... Thanks.

Last edited:
Wow! I expected to see 20 or more posts in here by now... Hmmm

He has NEVER been to Boanaire! He must have an interest in Roatan as he defends that Island! He is just a Troll who has to have the last word under the guise of Public Service! If he wants to know call the Bonaire police and leave the board alone! Stop attacking people who enjoy the place!
Roatan you say? I got ripped off by a crooked bartender/waiter there on my one and only visit, not to mention the risk of malaria and/or military coup. I've never been ripped off in Bonaire after 4 visits. No malaria and the government is stable. Why would anyone go to Roatan with all the rampant theft and other problems :confused: when there are much safer places like Bonaire to visit?

Back
Top Bottom