What are the optimal settings for navigating Scuba Board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 9M banners should load in about 4 seconds, possibly as much as 5. If it is taking 20 then something is wrong.

I suspect something running in background slowing everything down.

Sounds logical.

Addins as HowardE suggests

Already eliminated those.

Other software running in background. Figure out what software is started automatically when your computer starts up. Stop them temporarily one at a time. (Personally I stop all of them see if that is the issue, and then add them back in one at a time if it fixes the problem)

Yep, that's a great suggestion, I'll do that. I can use Win Patrol to shut them down temporarily.

However, the most likely is some kind of maleware. A virus, trojan, worm, what have you. Someone tells me their computer has no viruses I want to know how they know. The answer "I run anti virus software" is not sufficient. No one software package will catch everything and the symptoms you describe lead me to belive that is your problem. Very few people have the skills to definitively say that they have no malware on their computer.

I use an antivirus program, plus Win Patrol, plus Spybot S&D. I keep them up-to-date and run them frequently.

There are parasites which can get through these 3 programs, but they're few and far between.

Likely you are going to have to hire someone to locate the problem.

Oh I doubt that.

It may also be that my computer is slow. When I bought my Netbook, I added extra memory. But perhaps it needs more.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

If it works well for you on one machine, but not the other. Perhaps you have too many virus scans on your one computer.

Also. Virus Scan software doesn't always scan for malware and/or rootkits which can hide on your machine.

Programs like - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3sjIv_61q4seJ4cHA&sig2=v23V9YleuRie2QO4JEz3DQ

Now... The more scanning software you have, the slower your computer responds.

I would try using Chrome over Internet Explorer.

I am not at home right now, and my speedtest results show 1.95 Mbps connection speed.

My page load results for UserCP are -

164 requests ❘ 122.97KB transferred ❘ 4.93s (onload: 3.98s, DOMContentLoaded: 2.42s)

Sounds logical.

Already eliminated those.

Yep, that's a great suggestion, I'll do that. I can use Win Patrol to shut them down temporarily.

I use an antivirus program, plus Win Patrol, plus Spybot S&D. I keep them up-to-date and run them frequently.

There are parasites which can get through these 3 programs, but they're few and far between.

Oh I doubt that.

It may also be that my computer is slow. When I bought my Netbook, I added extra memory. But perhaps it needs more.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Interesting that when I go to your drbeckwith dot com page I get his from Google..

Reported Attack Page!
This web page at drbeckwith.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :shocked2:

Maximise the posts-per-page. Less pages, less reloads.

SB is sometimes slow, not your computer.

Oh, head on over to the Where Is It thread, and start playing !!! We need fresh players.

Maximise the posts-per-page. Less pages, less reloads.

SB is sometimes slow, not your computer.

Oh, head on over to the Where Is It thread, and start playing !!! We need fresh players.

that would be "user CP' -- General Options -- thread display options -- set the messages for 50 per page..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom