What are the "Can't Miss" dive sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bringing an old thread to life...

We just got back from Bonaire on Saturday:crying:

I finally have input to this thread!

My favorite was Karpata. The aquascape was in a word... Majestic. One of the most breathtaking dives i've ever done. (not that i have a lot...)
The entry/exit was a little harder, but not much of a problem.

I also really liked Tolo/ ole blue, 1000 steps, and Oil Slick.
Red Slave happened to be a great dive too, but that was because of the 5 dolphins that were hanging around at the begining and end of our dive. 2 feet away or so.

There is another great landscape site, that reminds me of Karpata, that is further north in Washington Slagbaii. Site 3 or 5 I believe, I would need to look in my log.

I really enjoyed that dive, and doing it from the Buddy Dive 3 tank boat park trip last year, access was easier than Karpata, although I did not find Karpata too difficult, just a bit rougher than most Bonaire sites.

Did on last trip (thanks Bas) La Dania's leap to karpata and tailor maid. both we're best dives i've done on bonaire. tailor maid is/was awesome, very vibrant. Its very close to the park, past the oil storage facility.

You're welcome Bob! With the whole lionfish hunting efforts we are adding new umarked dive sites to our arsenal almost every week. Let me know when you are back on Bonaire!!! Plenty of good new stuff to see and do.

I'm glad this thread has been revived. I'll be leaving for Bonaire in exactly 4 months and I'm really looking forward to it. Now I've got a bit of extra insight and the pics definitely didn't hurt either. :D

We head down with a fairly large group in June for our first visit. I purchased the Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy book and am making notes from your posts. Everything is helpful for a first timer. We are staying at the Plaza Resort for a week. Keep the ideas coming.

We head down with a fairly large group in June for our first visit. I purchased the Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy book and am making notes from your posts. Everything is helpful for a first timer. We are staying at the Plaza Resort for a week. Keep the ideas coming.

You traveling with IVS? I know that they have a large group from your region staying there through @ June 25.
The DNY forum here on SB, also from your region, mostly, is also there at the Plaza June 25 - July 2, the week following the IVS trip.

ONLY 77 days to go! Waa Hoo!!

Yep, we are part of the IVS group. I think there are 50 of us going, should be a great time. I think that most of the seats sold on the Newark flight are people from our group. Looks like we will pass the DNY group at the airport.

I am going to Bonaire for the first time early jun. Just booked everything today

reading all these threads is making me want to leave now!!

I am going to Bonaire for the first time early jun. Just booked everything today

reading all these threads is making me want to leave now!!

It's an awesome place...just remember...things move slow down there.

..ohh and one more thing.

Stay off the damn reef...no seriously.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom