What are the accessories that you will always dive with, and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let’s see...
Compass, I’m actually going to upgrade this winter (the one I’ve been using tends to freeze up if not perfectly level.
Whistle, I’ve never needed it, but it is always there.
Line cutter, the ceramic blade won’t rust, won’t get banned and has been used probably more than most other accessories. I have a knife and a BFK, but they don’t go on every dive
DSMB/Reel, haven’t really needed to deploy it (shore diving requires a flag afloat).

I am thinking about buying a Nautilus Lifeline for next year.
I normally have a video camera and lights, but not every time.

Thigh pocket.

In the quarry I don't bring anything.

In the ocean I bring a sausage. I will never leave it behind. The one dive I thought about leaving it behind was the one dive I ended up using it.

Knife ( Or line cutter but i prefer a knife)
SMB + REEL
Spare mask
Compass
Back up torch (really small one that i keep on my bcd straps all the time)

Knife. I always dive with a knife. No exceptions.

DSMB + reel, shears and a small torch.

I try to keep things as simple and business like as I can, including focusing on eliminating as many failure points as possible, I’m a defensive diver.

For the Scuba Olympics ? :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is an international board. Whilst the majority of members are North American, many are not and torch is in very common usage on this board.

DSMB and reel. I’m a tech instructor and I will never get in the water without these two... even for a 30’ reef dive.

I have two separate stories of friends, better divers than me by far, whose lives were saved by their DSMB...

Back
Top Bottom