Question What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

• Audible alarms

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Audible and haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Visual information only

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other (designate in post)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You get visual on the computer(s) connected to the O2 sensors. Some units have a HUD (head’s up display) that is LED lights that will flash red when PPO2 is too low/high (also flash green and orange) Others have a Nerd 2 HUD that is like a wrist computer but it’s all right in your field of vision.

You’ve never been uw with audible alarms. Sound carries differently uw and often it’s difficult to tell if the sound is your computer or someone else’s. With the haptic, you can definitely tell it’s your computer.
oh, no, I meant if I was using a CCR I'd want to have a different style alarm for decompression, for example, than the one for low/high PP02 lol.
eta- so I dont confuse them unless it differentiates on the screen

oh, no, I meant if I was using a CCR I'd want to have a different style alarm for decompression, for example, than the one for low/high PP02 lol.
eta- so I dont confuse them unless it differentiates on the screen
It would differentiate on the screen. The alarm should just be a signal to look at the computer to figure out why it's trying to get your attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom