What about us tall guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just recently posted on this board also looking for a suit. I just pulled the trigger on a custom suit from JMJ wetsuits. It's going to be about $350 total for the suit but i think it's worth it. That's around the same price for a henderson or oneill and i think it's worth it for a good fit that's going to keep me warm. I was looking for a 7mm for California diving. I'm 6'4 and and about 155 lbs so I couldn't find a good off the rack fit.

Approachshot:
I will look into so of the suggestions, but I am not sure I want to lay out the money for a custom suit.
They don't have to cost too much....

Check out:
http://www.scubal.com/content/index.php?parentid=105&catid=294&procatid=0&menu=

The company has a new name but used to be called "Triple-L".......if you search that name on the board you should get some old threads about them. They seem to be basically OK though. They make their stuff in Vietnam so it's cheap - including custom made! :wink:

I actually tried on a few shorty suits today at a local shop and found the Oneal XXL and XXXL to be acceptable though not perfect by any means. The XXL was tight in the shoulders and crotch, but I could get into it. The XXXL was a little better, but the sides were a little loose being made for a wider body than mine. Both were about $100 as well. The full suits was where I ran into more problems in the legs and arms. Since I will be in warmer water the next few times out I might just go with a shorty since surfing in Amelie Island or diving in the Bahamas wont be bad in the next few months.

I'm 6'8" 240, and a hyperstretch xxl works great for me. I have a size 17 foot, that's where I find all the problems.

At 6'3", I fit off-the shelf suits... kinda. The legs are inevitably a tad short on me. It's fine while suiting up, but once the water eases everything into it's natural position, I always end up with a small gap between the top of my booties and the bottom of my wetsuit legs. Not really enough of a problem to notice, the vast majority of the time.

At 6'7", however, I have to think that custom is really going to be your only option. There are some good custom shops out there that will make you a custom suit for LESS than some of the more expensive off-the-rack companies.

Or just get a off the rack suit that you like and fits well in girth and bring it to a custom suit shop and ask them to put extentions on it to get the length right (should only be a few inches of neoprene). Depending on the colors it might not look right, but it'll fit and tailoring a suit will be a lot cheaper than getting a custom made suit.

BTW I'm 6'4" and weigh about 175 and have been through the same deal. I ended up getting a nice custom suit and have never looked back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom