What about solo dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
"What a rude assumption you make about dvrdown's experience, ability as a diver"

I make rude assumptions. If you knew me better, that would not come as a shock. Damned few divers are ready for solo diving. I'm assuming; rudely, but based on his question; he is not yet close to being one of them.

"and the nearly unquantifiable increase in danger between diving solo, or with a buddy."

Based on this, I'll make another rude assumption about your experience level and/or reasoning ability.

It would have to be an assumption, as you've no fact to bear out either point.

I never have anyone sign my logbook. I log every dive. I made my own logbook to suit my diving habits. I have been solo diving for about 8 years. Approx 90% of my dives are solo dives. I don't believe a logbook entry verifies the credibility of any dive, solo or buddy. Do your own thing but do it safely.:shades:

Gilligan once bubbled...
I never have anyone sign my logbook. I log every dive. I made my own logbook to suit my diving habits. I have been solo diving for about 8 years. Approx 90% of my dives are solo dives. I don't believe a logbook entry verifies the credibility of any dive, solo or buddy. Do your own thing but do it safely.:shades:

What!!! Solo diving for 8 years and you are still alive! How is this possible!:D

Wether I am solo or with a buddy I treat every dive the same.
"Be ready to bail yourself out of trouble if you need to."
If there's no buddy I put solo dive in my log book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom