Problems with LDS sod can’t 2 pool/check out dives but got Padi cert from them: will not having those 4 dives logged ever be problem in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of my original training dive logs were signed, we were told it didn't matter once you get the card. As you have seen, most here agree with that logic. Logging your first 100 dives, either electronically or on paper, makes sense for the new diver. Beyond that electronic is the only efficient option. I recommend logging until you get everything worked out for the diving you intend to do. If you change wetsuit thickness or to drysuit and back, or salt to freshwater than you will rely on those logbook notes to keep your weighting in order. Once you get your own kit then you will inherently know your weighting based on the kit used, i.e. warm vs cold or salt vs fresh. I keep a card in my save a dive kit that has different weighting for different diving and only log dives with my DC.

If they don't log your dives, they are breaking standards. It wont be a problem for you tho

@tridacna iirc from the previous post, OP bought gear from Leisurepro instead of the LDS at which point the LDS got mad and made comments about LP
That happened to me about 20 years ago. The LDS went out of business.

That happened to me about 20 years ago. The LDS went out of business.
Bu... Bu.... Bu.... LP is kinda sorta an LDS to you!

the complaints held more water when LP was selling grey market outside of a dealer agreement and weren't doing traditional LDS things that weren't profit centers like training/fills/trips, but that no longer is the case

I have over the years logged my own dives, as I put more information into my dive log than simply logging the dive. I find it valuable to put specifics down, and have a section on "Special Problems and Ideas." This allowed me decades later to look at photos I had taken of the Western Pearlshell Mussels spawning, and produced a program about that.

SeaRat

Attachments

• Dive Log--Clear Lake001.jpg
    Dive Log--Clear Lake001.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Dive Log 5-28-84.jpg
    Dive Log 5-28-84.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Dive Log 6-3-84.jpg
    Dive Log 6-3-84.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Contact Sheet.jpg
    Contact Sheet.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 33
The OP indicated he only had two pool dives and two open water dives. This would indicate he was a "scuba diver" and not an "open water diver." A PADI scuba diver can only dive with a PADI professional and only to a depth of 40 feet. To advance to "open water diver" he has to complete additional pool sessions, open water sessions, and water skills. He also needs to complete additional course work, knowledge reviews, and take the written exam. If he switches to another instructor to complete the open water requirements, the new instructor will probably require the OP to show he has mastered all the skills already covered in the pool and open water sessions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom