What about force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
I can frog kick mine also just fine.

Jeff, the Duck Feet Walter is taking about are the famous Voit UDT Super Duck Feet shown in my picture.

DSCF0217.jpg

At 12 oclock is the Voit SkinDiver, at 1 oclock is the USD Rocket Fin,at about 2 oclock is the ScubaPro Super Jet, at about 4 oclock is the Voit UDT, at 5 oclock is the Plana Graphite, at 7 oclock is the Nemrod Super Professional, at 9 oclock is the Force Fin Pro and at 11 oclock is the Voit Viking A66 (Super Viking).

N

A seriously cool collection of fins! Love the UDT fins.

X

Nemrods not particular, he'll wear anything:)
Mark, if they worked better for me I wouldn't care how they looked. I was probably a little harsh, I use a lot of different fins too, but they don't work for me. I'll give 'em another chance or 2 in the future.
When I taught in Northern CA, I certified some kids of a family that were personal friends with Bob Evans. They called him "Uncle Bob" and the whole family used his fins. Ever since I've referred to FF's as "Uncle Bob's Fin's":)

MarkUK:
If I need more power than the frogkick, I bend my knee 90° and when I straighten it out, I get plenty of thrust – and that's not a flutter kick by any means...

No, it's not a flutter, it's a bicycle...........

MarkUK:
For once and for all, if you bicycle kick in Force Fins you won't get anywhere

I have about 30 different sets of fins of various descriptions, including Force fins. I guess they are OK but I haven't used them in years. When I was using them I liked them for the times I was having to look for evidence in areas that had rapids in them. It got kinda of turbulent and what I found useful was that they would stay on my feet securely with the strap system they used. Other fins would continously come off my feet in the conditions I dove, even spring straps. I might add I was doing less swimming than pulling myself along the bottom by pulling on rocks or using a knife to hold me in place by sticking it into the bottom. I guess I probably won't use them again.
PS- I never got a letter from the President thanking me for buying them. Darn!

Walter:
No, it's not a flutter, it's a bicycle...........

No it's not. When you see numpties bicycle kicking, they pull their thighs up and bend their knees, and the minimal propulsion they get comes from pushing their feet - and whatever fins they have on – with the soles downwards. That's why they don't get anywhere.

When I am in the horizontal diving position, I keep my thigh straight out behind me, bend my leg up 90° at the knee and then kick down by straightening out my knee and hence my leg. Thus I get thrust from the downstroke of the Force Fin, which is where you get the power. My thigh doesn't leave the horizontal position of my body, and my kick stops when my legs are straight. If that is how you move your legs when you ride a bicycle... :wink:

Mark

james croft:
PS- I never got a letter from the President thanking me for buying them. Darn!

============================================

Did you mail in the registration card that came with the fins ?? Not exactly like they are serial numbered or anything and need to be registered. Probably more for gathering a user database. But I'm sure that's why I got the note from the president of the company.

I have slowly over the years worked through just about every fin there is and ONLY one stands above the others. Like a mountain of granite, impervious to defeat, ruler of the depths, kicks JetFin butt, the one and only heavy weight champion, the Voit UDT Super Duck Feet. It frog kicks, duck kicks, helicopter turns, backs up and pushes a loaded diver with more thrust than lesser fins. Voit UDT, and you thougt I was going to say Force Fins. :wink: N

You made me go look at the duck feet. Turns out they are available new and cost less than jet fins. Now I want 3 new pairs of fins to play with :) (force fins, freediving fins and duck feet).

~Jess

Nemrod:
I have slowly over the years worked through just about every fin there is and ONLY one stands above the others. Like a mountain of granite, impervious to defeat, ruler of the depths, kicks JetFin butt, the one and only heavy weight champion, the Voit UDT Super Duck Feet. It frog kicks, duck kicks, helicopter turns, backs up and pushes a loaded diver with more thrust than lesser fins. Voit UDT, and you thougt I was going to say Force Fins. :wink: N

Nemrod: I second the motion. I've got a vintage pair of VOIT UDT's in my dive locker. One great fin. It takes a bit of "leg" but the all rubber fin does push off with power and will do any style kick, no problem. Voit made lots of good SCUBA products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom