What about force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used many types of fins, but exclusively use Force Fins now. I used to get leg cramps with Rockets and the other fins I tried and used, but have never gotten a leg cramp using FFs, even doing 5-a-days on a liveaboard.
Besides the leg cramp issue, they are easier to put on and take off, easiest fin to walk in, and I am far more manueverable in them than I have ever been in any other fin. With my FFs, when trying to take pictures, I can go forward, back up, pivot and hold my place, all while focusing on getting the picture. Force Fins ROCK!!!!
C-Dawg

Walter:
If you have a good kicking technique, you won't like 'em. If you have a bicycle kick, you'll love 'em.

Sorry that is just wrong. As a high level competitive swimmer I, and most of the guys I know have excellent kicking technique. MOST USE FORCE FINS, 7 of 9. They are faster, smoother, provide better control (I can swim backward, sideways, or hover with them). A bicycle kick does not work with them, you'll blow your knees out in about 10 seconds. I admit they do require a different style of kick; a shorter kick is most efficent. This by the way, is a more desirable kick style (keeping you legs behind you, not above and below you causing more drag).

Basically I am a believer in Force Fins and I love them.

I have one, I don't like at all...I love Jet fin .

Walter:
I like your Duck Feet, Nemrod.

Ditto....I let mine rot in the garage when they cost just a few bucks at Harry's Dive shop in New Orleans...thought I could always get another pair at a good price.

I wasa swimmer also and I think that may also be why when I use my Force Fins, everybody just dissappears into the blue haze behind me.

Duck Feet and UDT Duck Feet are not the same fins. The UDT is a longer and stiffer fin than the Duck Feet. Both are fine fins for scuba--if they are the genuine article. I currently do not have any standard Duck Feet, just my UDTs.

Yeah, Voit made a lot of cool stuff and so did Nemrod and USD, I lament their passing.

My main dislike of Force Fins is that they do not work well for surface swimming/snorkeling. They slap to much.

The perfect fin has not yet been invented.

N

I love mine. They may not be cheap but they are worth their weight in gold. All my friends who usually wear splits have liked them too. I must admit they are not good in stronger currents. I can move in any direction by barely moving one foot, zip along or slowly coast. Maybe it depends on what you start with? These were my first fins and if they ever give out I'll replace with another pair.

They are also bright pink and ALL the folks I been in the water with say it is impossible to loose me. In low vis my buddies send me out to blaze trail.

... one and only heavy weight champion, the Voit UDT Super Duck Feet. ...
Bless you my son... :eyebrow:
A small selection from my CA dive locker ... I have gear stashes in several parts of the country so I don't have to lug the stuff around with me.

5855_1586_2.jpg

Duck feet from the '50s, '60s, '70s & some of the "new" (and old) Giant UDT Duck Feet.
I included a couple pairs of Churchills just so they wouldn't have their feelings hurt.
Some of the best Duck Feet made were from US Divers during the '60s - they had a wider foot pocket that could fit a size 11 Unisuit boot.
(those are in WI & MI)
I've towed small tugboats with my Duck Feet before, not an easy job.

I love my Voit UDT Duckfeet fins.

N

Back
Top Bottom