What about dive briefing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Dive Paradise for two weeks in May and only had one complaint about a DM. It really wasn't his fault, but I think it could of been handled diferently.

A new couple on their honeymoon, she was cute by the way...I know that is totally irrelevant but it made me wish I was dm'ing....ok, anyway....this was their first dives after being certified in Texas. The rest of us were really comfortable and ready to go...

The DM had us get into our wetsuits and THEN proceeded to give a 10 minute briefing, which in your wetsuit is not fun in Cozumel. He went over all kinds of stuff that no other DM went over. I am pretty sure it was aimed at the newbies. Throughout the whole dive he was literally holding her hand.

Back on the boat he had a huge attitude, I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or just upset because he had to work. Anyways, the rest of us went to Apple to explain the situation.

We dove a six pack boat so it was rather frustrating for all of us.

Other than that, the DM's pretty much were cool and how they treated you was pretty much based on how you handled yourself in the water.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom