What about a Crabby Wednesday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D Luvdiving :D

I was kind of afraid that he might clamp onto me so I didn't get to close. If you want to learn good buoyancy control get a camera...

Saw about 4 of these guys that had strange claws like that. But this one was the most grand..

You don't really have a size reference in the pic but I'll tell you that claw was as big as my hand and I've got about a 5 inch across hand..

I guess that the locals harvest them as I have seen shells near the pier several times.

If it is anything like the other local fisherman provided shell fish it would be very gooood.. (UMMM)..

So has anyone captured the lobsters doing the march on digital???

:D :D

I've seen those crab claws....huge! The largest was sitting up under a ledge with his claws folded in front of him...regular crab position. One claw was bigger than my forearm and he was easily 3ft from 'elbow to elbow'. No picture does his size justice!

No posts to this thread in a while. Surely we have not seen all the crabs?

How about a close up of a a rock crab, very common in cracks in rocks in northern Chile. I see them every dive. These crabs seem to be filter feeders, this one is feeding with those fine sail-like appendages near it's mouth.

I believe the scientific name is Grapsus grapsus.

I had a hard time getting the file down to the required size and keep some decent detail.

How about

A porcelain crab

Image-04s.jpg

Cheers

Here's a Shame Faced Crab

316crab4-med.jpg

How about a Box Crab?

aar.sized.jpg

Is your crab laying on his back? He looks upside down!

Back
Top Bottom