What a weekend of Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin, what part of Lobos Rocks did you dive? I probably have a couple dozen dives there and the best part, IMHO is the inside part of the inside rock (if you were to shore dive, you'd hit it first). With cracks/fissures loaded with Giant Green Anemones and a beautiful wall that rivals anything in the Caribbean, it's simply fabulous.

We were on the inside of the outside rock (if that makes any sense) We found a lot of the green anemones with a lot of little purple ones all around them in a large crack.

It was pretty amazing. We also got buzzed by a couple of sea lions as we swam around to the outside of the outside rock.

I was surprised how easy it is to get deep there fast. We weren't paying close attention and suddenly realized we were at 108 feet! There's a lot of cool stuff to see and take pics of. We gradually worked our way back up the rocks and cracks to reasonable depths 80 ft --> 60ft --> then 40ft. I need to do that on nitrox to have much more bottom time... or go doubles! I really really liked it. Now I know why you are always talking to us about Carmel sites. Ive had to change my monthly budget to make sure I get to do at least two boat dive weekends.

Buddy I look at your pics and I'm having a harder time not pulling the trigger on the new camera purchase I'm struggling over. :wink:
I'm totally jealous glad you had a great weekend.

its a sickness. I know the pictures can get better so I keep shooting and trying out different configurations of ISO, aperture and strobe power along with my shutter speed.

... and now i'm just getting the hang of lighting with two strobes. (totally different ball game than with a single).. MORE KNOBS!

shoot. I was tweaking my pics and broke some links, so here are the missing pics again. sorry for the repost.

IMG_3402%20(1).jpg

IMG_3452%20(1).jpg

IMG_3454%20(1).jpg

IMG_3396%20(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom